Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: FEAR The Walking Dead - Season 5 discussion...

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Again, some iffy bits in this one - Luciana dopily waltzing outside "Hello? Is anyone there?", and then trying to shoot several zombies while severely wounded ... just far too silly for a hardened survivor to be carrying on like that.
    I think the point they are trying to make there is that she is not acting like her usual self due to the "drugs" she has been taking due to the injury.

I really enjoyed the stuff with the lady who is dealing with trying to solve the nuclear plant issue and tracking down contaminated walkers.
    Though it looks like a cool and interesting element, the way the contaminated zombies got out of the "restricted" areas would make the scenario a pretty much impossible to handle matter, specially when there is only a few people around trying to take care of it. There is no telling who or what those contaminated zombies might have come in contact with and contaminated. So, going around trying to "clean" the mess seems like an exercise in futility. Even if you killed and disposed of all the zombies marked as contaminated, you would never be sure that you got rid of the contamination itself. For example, what if one of these contaminated zombies bit or scratched a person or an animal who survived long enough to move miles away from the area where it happened, thus spreading possible sources of more contamination farther away? This type of doubts would be never-ending, as there is virtually countless things that could have happened when those contaminated zombies were allowed to walk around free.

That was a really interesting aspect (and now Morgan is without that ruddy stick, haha ... if only Alicia's stupid gun barrel weapon could have been contaminated!),
    Probably not, as metals are not porous. The reason why she told Morgan that he could not have his stick back is because the pores of the wood could have absorbed some of the contaminated blood, thus making it impossible to truly clean up. Still, if I was Morgan I would demand that after cleaning the surface of the stick it should be put through one of those radioactivity counters that she carries in order to test whether the stick was contaminated or not. There is a chance that it did not absorb any significant quantity of the zombie's blood and therefore it can still be salvaged.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Though it looks like a cool and interesting element, the way the contaminated zombies got out of the "restricted" areas would make the scenario a pretty much impossible to handle matter, specially when there is only a few people around trying to take care of it. There is no telling who or what those contaminated zombies might have come in contact with and contaminated. So, going around trying to "clean" the mess seems like an exercise in futility. Even if you killed and disposed of all the zombies marked as contaminated, you would never be sure that you got rid of the contamination itself. For example, what if one of these contaminated zombies bit or scratched a person or an animal who survived long enough to move miles away from the area where it happened, thus spreading possible sources of more contamination farther away? This type of doubts would be never-ending, as there is virtually countless things that could have happened when those contaminated zombies were allowed to walk around free.

Probably not, as metals are not porous.
    1) Not an excuse to do nothing, though. We saw some of their methodology - laying down traps to entice walkers and keep their attention (assuming there's no other distractions), the fences (I recall her alluding to them being all around the area to keep them penned-in), and so on, but if you can at least get rid of the contaminated walkers then you cut down on possible instances of contamination. Sure, you might not catch everything, but who's to know ... what you'd definitely know is that leaving radioactive zombies to roam about is a bad idea. Therefore it's not futile, there is a purpose and a result, just not a result with 100% achivement. It lowers the risk greatly. The radioactive signs alone clearly help keep people away, the only reason our heroes got mixed up in it is because their plane crashed in that area (d'oh! What are the odds, eh? )

2) I was being facetious ... 'cos I hate that friggin' gun barrel weapon.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 11-Jun-2019 at 05:52 PM.

United States
    I still don't understand why they were flying a plane and why did they fly a plane without a trained pilot. Did I miss something?

That's like me volunteering to fly a plane
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 12-Jun-2019 at 03:45 AM. Reason: A fishbowl full of jellybeans.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I still don't understand why they were flying a plane
    I assume there was a fair distance from where they were to where they were heading, which ended up just being a trap so Max Headroom could get his stuff back.

Also, so they could have a plane crash to open the season.

United States
    Ridiculous.

"That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    5x03 "Humbug's Gulch" (aired June 16th 2019)

Directed by: Colman Domingo
    Written by: Ashley Cardiff

Last week's live viewing figure was 1.69m.

- - - Updated - - -

The 'bullet split' thing was beyond fucking stupid - fun, sure, but it's just not a tonal match for FearTWD ... too much of a flight of fancy for this franchise, if that makes sense?

Anyway - I really did quite enjoy all the John and Dwight stuff, and that old western tourist town was a pretty cool location - I loved all the wild west stuff, and it was a nice chance to get John Dorie doing his cowboy thing with his six shooters, which I've loved since he was added to the show in 4x01. Naomi being all a bit horned up by all those various trick shot nicknames that John could pull off was quite funny. The big showdown with those walkers in the centre of the western town was pretty cool, too.

Notice how when Dwight said "walkers" John did a double-take. I thought that was a nice little subtlety thrown in there, and it's really nice to have Dwight back on our screens again as he's been a good character in TWD and it's neat to see what he's now going to get up to post-TWD. I wonder if we'll ever stumble across Sherry.

Not sure about these kids and their reveal though...
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 17-Jun-2019 at 04:20 PM.

United States
    Damn I missed Dwight.

Super Moderator

UK
    5x04 "Skidmark" (aired June 23rd 2019)

Directed by: Tara Nicole Weyr
    Written by: Samir Mehta

Last week's live viewing figure was 1.76m.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 25-Jun-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Administrator

England
    I really must get around to start watching this season...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I enjoyed having some more time with Salazar and his scavenging lifestyle in the ZA.

Also, the plane propellers wiping out that mini herd of walkers was jolly good fun and nicely shot.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I enjoyed having some more time with Salazar and his scavenging lifestyle in the ZA.

Also, the plane propellers wiping out that mini herd of walkers was jolly good fun and nicely shot.
    Most def.

Salazar is always fun to watch.

Super Moderator

UK
    5x05 "The End of Everything" (aired June 30th 2019)

Directed by: Michael E. Satrazemis
    Written by: Andrew Chambliss & Ian Goldberg

Last week's live viewing figure was 1.66m.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 09-Jul-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Ireland
    So, this show is getting better?

I really enjoyed the one with Dwight, John and whatevershescalled.

But then it bitchslaps me with that stupid bullet scene. So, so stupid.

I don't think I've ever watched a show before that ropes me in and then lets the rope go so much.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, it's a bit of a rollercoaster where sometimes it can be really good and then do a sudden lurch and be pretty naff.

This latest episode was ... kinda meh, to be honest. It's back to that old problem of splitting people up and having someone disappear for several episodes only to come back and dominate another episode, so the pacing and structure is all off and feels disjointed. Thankfully TWD got shot of that for the most part in season 9, but Fear is yet to get the memo.

I'm not keen on Al all that much. This "I'm a journalist, I must get my story" thing feels kinda pointless in a survival scenario and her justification doesn't seem that strong (you're just leaning into the thing that meant you weren't there for your brother, and that doesn't really make any kind of sense to do). She's become a bit of an irritating character as a result, unfortunately.

I reckon this is all a part of setting up something larger that will span across TWD, Fear, and the Rick Grimes movies. At the moment they're being a bit coy, but comics readers will know where this is heading towards. Hopefully with the same kind of finesse and improvements that we've seen with The Whisperers (comic vs show).

United States
    What did we really learn from this helicopter group that we didn't know before that really warranted a damn bottle episode? I hate bottle episodes.

Snoozfest.

This season sucks so far. Too many kids involved now too.