Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: FEAR The Walking Dead - Season 5 discussion...

United States
    Just wait till the season finale. Pitchforks.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    5x16 "End of the Line" (aired September 29th 2019)

Directed by: Michael E. Satrazemis
    Written by: Ian Goldberg & Andrew Chambliss

Last week's episode got a LIVE viewing figure of 1.34m.

Rising

United States
    Why didn't Virginia just pick up her gun again and shoot Morgan? It did not land too far from where she fell after Morgan hit her on the face. And since now Morgan is wounded and cannot stand up, he could have done nothing to try to stop her from picking up her gun.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Why didn't Virginia just pick up her gun again and shoot Morgan? It did not land too far from where she fell after Morgan hit her on the face. And since now Morgan is wounded and cannot stand up, he could have done nothing to try to stop her from picking up her gun.
    Yeah, a lack of scene logic going on there, isn't there?

Just a little something that would have informed us there was only one bullet in her gun would have been useful just to paper over that, but there we go.

I imagine Morgan will be able to get out of that scrape somehow, but hopefully it won't be too silly. I'm not sure they'd kill off his character across two different seasons. That'd just seem very weird and disjointed if they did, and kind of a shite way to go to be honest.

They really need to cut this show down to 12 episodes max - two doses of six and six. I've argued this same thing for TWD as well (and I love that show). It'd just help cut out a lot of the padding that FearTWD has unfortunately struggled through this season. Feels as if it's more a decree from some business executive to continue having 16 ruddy episodes of FearTWD rather than a creative choice. At least the main show manages to do a solid job of filling 16 episodes (mostly, anyway) ... but geez, the amount of playing for time that FearTWD has been doing this season, blimey! It's a bummer, too, because it greatly impacts on the good stuff.

I really can't be doing with this 'painting trees' rubbish, either. That whole plotline really irks me.

United States
    I only want two things next season.

Daniel getting Skidmark back.

Morgan getting off this show and reuniting with Rick.

Zero interest going forward.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Yeah, a lack of scene logic going on there, isn't there?

Just a little something that would have informed us there was only one bullet in her gun would have been useful just to paper over that, but there we go.
    Just more lazy writing, I guess. As is, the scene doesn't make much sense, as she did not have any need to go farther away to reach for someone else's gun, her own gun was right there, just a few paces from where she fell.

I imagine Morgan will be able to get out of that scrape somehow, but hopefully it won't be too silly. I'm not sure they'd kill off his character across two different seasons. That'd just seem very weird and disjointed if they did, and kind of a shite way to go to be honest.
    This also seems a bit contrived. If he has the energy and will to crawl to the entrance of the church, he could have just gone a bit further and actually entered the place and closed the doors. You don't need to be standing up to be able to do so. The small effort required to do this sure beats the hell out of the prospect of being eaten alive by zombies!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    This also seems a bit contrived. If he has the energy and will to crawl to the entrance of the church, he could have just gone a bit further and actually entered the place and closed the doors. You don't need to be standing up to be able to do so. The small effort required to do this sure beats the hell out of the prospect of being eaten alive by zombies!
    I know! I was like get in the damn church! The door's right there!

It definitely feels like FearTWD needs to do a lot more work to justify various scenes or choices within a scene. If you need something to happen, then make sure you've engineered a scenario that makes what transpires the only possibility, but FearTWD consistently fails to do this. It's all the more daft as just small tweaks are all that's needed most of the time.

United States
    So it appears next season will be 16 episodes of the group trying to reunite, again..sounds new and exciting huh
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.