Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Boys (Amazon series)

Super Moderator

UK
    Season 2 has just got started - three episodes released Sept 4th, then one a week thereafter (which is kind of annoying, but you know, the ever spreading and ever continuing Covid effect).

Watched the first episode - really enjoyed it - and looking forward to the next one.

2x01 spoiler:

Jennifer Esposito's character didn't last long in this season, did she?!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Season two has held up very well! Looking forward to the finale. Then we’ll likely be waiting quite a while before a third season can be completed...

United States
    I love that they didn’t give us every episode at once. Tired of the whole binge watching at once thing. Don’t have to rush through to avoid spoilers.

Season 2 was awesome. Last episode had some weak parts but that ending was freaking crazy.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I love that they didn’t give us every episode at once. Tired of the whole binge watching at once thing. Don’t have to rush through to avoid spoilers.

Season 2 was awesome. Last episode had some weak parts but that ending was freaking crazy.
    Binge watching does have it's down sides, doesn't it? I've sometimes found myself doing that, or having to quickly avert my eyes at any mention of a show I'm going to watch but haven't yet started.

Just one more ep (this week) and that's the season done, right?

I've been enjoying it quite a bit - and all these messed-up shades going on inside Homelander's head, man, great performance there.

England
    Looking forward to watching season 2, I met Karl Urban last year at a sci fi con and he's a cool guy, I'd post the pic but this ol' fossil doesn't like images bigger than a postage stamp

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Looking forward to watching season 2, I met Karl Urban last year at a sci fi con and he's a cool guy, I'd post the pic but this ol' fossil doesn't like images bigger than a postage stamp
    It's good stuff. IIRC it's just 8 episodes (#8 goes live on Friday).

Going back to the 'one episode a week' format has been interesting (aside from the first three going live in week one, that is) ... you have the time to digest the story more and also build up some antici ... ... ... pation for the next episode.

Long Way Up (motorcycle travelogue show) is doing the same thing - they put up three episodes week one, and have been doing one episode per week since. I'm a huge fan of Long Way Round/Down (and now Up) and the other Boorman travelogue shows, so I really get pumped up putting on a new episode after a week's wait.

Administrator

England
    Five episodes in and really enjoying it
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    OK! Damn fun second series...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    OK! Damn fun second series...
    Yeah! I rather enjoyed it and it bounced along quite nicely. Good twists here and there, intriguing developments etc, and leaves you wanting more.

Some episodes can occasionally feel a smidge long, clocking in as they regularly do at about 60 minutes (you sometimes wonder if certain scenes are written/played longer than they strictly need to be) ... but that's only a vague sort of an issue with it, far outweighed by everything else.

Homelander is performed so well, too ... the complex craziness going on inside that head, hehe.

Administrator

England
    Didn't quite understand how a super can't be touched by bullets, but a knife in the eye works just fine
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Didn't quite understand how a super can't be touched by bullets, but a knife in the eye works just fine
    Maybe they have bullet proof skin ... so eyes are a different matter...?

Great Britain
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Maybe they have bullet proof skin ... so eyes are a different matter...?
    TBH I think Butcher should have gone for other eye with the crowbar when she was strangling his wife.

Awesome series though.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Hope it's as good as the previous two seasons...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U5I9vsYi4s
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Butcher with supe powers? He's gonna fuck some shit up!