Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Boys (Amazon series)

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic-W3F65BAw

New trailer.

June 3rd release.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 17-May-2022 at 09:28 AM.

Administrator

England
    Hope it can maintain the mojo from the last two...

Is it still following the comic book story?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Is it still following the comic book story?
    No idea really, never read them.

I recall seeing a video (IGN, probably) that looked at a few of the changes. I think, like many adaptations, it's gone in its own directions for certain things, or made tweaks to better suit the format etc.

Super Moderator

UK
    First three episodes of season three are out now.

Quite enjoyed them. In episode two there's a real nice stab at corporate co-opting of, and pandering to, social causes at a Vought themepark (BLM BLTs, Woke Wok etc). Still plenty of explosively gory and fucked up moments, too.

Looking forward to the next episode come Friday. Off to a good start.

Administrator

England
    Herogasm - LOL!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Herogasm - LOL!
    The number of lame-ass articles UniLad generated about that episode 'grossing people out' and being so 'shocked' etc did my head in. Clickbait galore. Have they not seen the Internet? There's fucked up shit all over it, so pretty tame by that measure, haha.

I suppose for a TV show, especially nowadays with the terrified aversion to nudity that's creeping in to the landscape in some corners, it was fairly out-there. However, considering the on-screen message at the head of the episode and all the lather whipped up by the media I was kind of expecting something a bit more 'shocking' ... or maybe I'm just inured to it all? Their version of Ant Man shrinking down to enter another man's urethra before sneezing and returning to normal size, thus exploding the other guy? That was much more 'shocking'.

Herogasm was still rather good, though.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The number of lame-ass articles UniLad generated about that episode 'grossing people out' and being so 'shocked' etc did my head in. Clickbait galore. Have they not seen the Internet? There's fucked up shit all over it, so pretty tame by that measure, haha.

I suppose for a TV show, especially nowadays with the terrified aversion to nudity that's creeping in to the landscape in some corners, it was fairly out-there. However, considering the on-screen message at the head of the episode and all the lather whipped up by the media I was kind of expecting something a bit more 'shocking' ... or maybe I'm just inured to it all? Their version of Ant Man shrinking down to enter another man's urethra before sneezing and returning to normal size, thus exploding the other guy? That was much more 'shocking'.

Herogasm was still rather good, though.
    I've not seen any of the internet stuff about it.

It had a number of ewwwwwwwwww moments, and seeing a large 15ft tenticle cock is always has has a bit of an initial shock I find, but it was nothing that wasn't in the realms of what we've seen before for 18 certificate TV

Lesson: Never walk into a bathroom unannounced
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    The actual HEROGASM episode was great! Forget the actual “shocking” warnings and whatnot, the episode ruled and NOT because of the controversial bits!

Just one episode left, this season is really great.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Season 3 has been really good. S2 was good, but it wasn't quite firing on all cylinders compared to the first season. This latest season, though? It's been really damn good.

Even when 'reflecting our reality', as so many shows are obsessed with doing regardless of execution or suitability, it manages to traverse that pretty well without getting cringey or pandering (plus, ripping the piss out of corporate pandering to identity politics - 'Woke Wok' etc - was hilarious and had some good bite).

And the continued descent of Homelander into unchecked sociopathy has been fascinating and sometimes pretty darn scary.

Also - bonus points for Paul Reiser playing a sleazy version of Stan Lee.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 04-Jul-2022 at 03:02 PM.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Started watching this last night. The episodes feel quite long.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....