Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day of the Rising Dead [A small George Romero homage]

Fresh Meat

Aaland

Day of the Rising Dead -Video Game-[A small George Romero homage]

What is this game?
    A low poly ps1 style story driven zombie game heavily based off the original 1978 Dawn of the Dead, and the video game "Dead Rising"s concept of using anything as a weapon and the 80's time period and music(golden age of horror movies).

A small homage to George A Romero

Story

A small scale outbreak is occurring in a small countryside town. Still discovering the nature of the rising dead,

3 people take shelter in a radio station on the outskirts of town abandoned by the original owner. They shut off power to the elevator and use the fire escape to get to and from the supplies they need, as well as to people who need their help who they find on through radio contact. Discover the plague from their perspective and get to the bottom of it before the center of disease tries to wipe them out in 3 days .

[font size="6"]Media and development screenshots[/font]
    The following videos and screenshots where taken at various stages of development. This is a working title and what you see may not represent the final product..

ps1 style character test

PM me for voice auditions, or email me at johnnypre504@gmail.com

AUDITIONS
    The Voices
    The script is still forming, but as this is a one man team project lines will be given in large chunks at a time instead of a
    full script.

MALE:

Ryan Douglas:
    The peace keeper of the team. Optimistic and young at heart. Will go out of his way to help others. Loyal to the team.
    For voice style, think Peter from 1978s Dawn of the Dead

test lines:
    "We will make it...Someones got to" context: giving hope to one of the other main characters after drama.

"When I come back theres going to be a thousand zombies behind me..You make sure it's borded up tight"

--

Thomas Roberts:
    The muscle, and the handyman. Can fix nearly anything. A rugged "mans man" Not just dumb muscle. Always thinking ahead.
    Can be hot headed at times but within reason. For voice style, think Kenny from the Walking dead Telltale game..

Test Lines:

"Theres not too many of em around this morning. We need those tools..Food..and supplies..."

"With all the new faces coming back with you, it wouldnt be a bad idea to block this place off."

"We don't know how long this will last. Enough of em' in the courtyard and were stuck!"

--
    Psychopath boss #1
    Diner cook:
    A blue ribbon cook off enthusiast who snapped when he couldnt win the award he wins every year
    [creative freedom is yours, keep in mind the 80s theme however]

"We have plenty of food left for your growling stomachs!"

"Is that him?! The judge! He's finally arrived haha"

--

Female

Sandra Pierson
    A true worry wart, easily freaks out but strong willed. Usually the opposer to anything that sounds too dangerous when the
    team is making plans. Grows to be be strong minded as the outbreak unfolds

"Its too dangerous on foot! We nearly didnt make it here."

"We have to act fast before those things find out were in there, and then we cant get out!"

"Oh my god!, Ryan!"
    Last edited by chainsawmelody; 22-Aug-2019 at 03:30 PM. Reason: FIXED VID LINKS

Administrator

England
    So, brave move developing a (FPS) game

What you writing it in out of interest?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So, brave move developing a (FPS) game

What you writing it in out of interest?
    Hey! It's a third person viewpoint. I'm developing it on a custom game engine. I hope you guys will enjoy. I will have more videos showing the games story soon. I have my voice actors recoding their lines

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by chainsawmelody View Post
    Hey! It's a third person viewpoint. I'm developing it on a custom game engine. I hope you guys will enjoy. I will have more videos showing the games story soon. I have my voice actors recoding their lines
    So you're not using Unity or Godot, but creating your own engine? More WOW!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    So you're not using Unity or Godot, but creating your own engine? More WOW!
    yes, I hope you enjoy.. another new screenshot..

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Last edited by chainsawmelody; 28-Aug-2019 at 06:04 AM. Reason: vid

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    You developed your own engine? That's incredible! Good work!

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    [old video removed]
    - - - Updated - - -

added music cues and experimented with angles

- - - Updated - - -

added a new video
    Last edited by chainsawmelody; 31-Aug-2019 at 03:02 AM. Reason: vid

Fresh Meat

Aaland

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by chainsawmelody View Post
    LOL! More blood required
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    LOL! More blood required
    hhahaha

final cutscene (with voice acting)

- - - Updated - - -

Hammer test and new sfx. fixed blood effects

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Have you used this as part of a resume to apply for jobs within the video game industry (assuming you don't already work there)? If not it's obvious you've got potential. Especially all that coding you must have done by yourself.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Last edited by chainsawmelody; 10-Sep-2019 at 04:07 AM. Reason: pics

Fresh Meat

Aaland

Fresh Meat

Aaland

Last edited by chainsawmelody; 14-Sep-2019 at 03:02 AM. Reason: oi