Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: The Mandalorian (TV series)

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Who the hell was that fat bird in E06, cos I know cups of tea that could act better.
    Lizzo.

She's a musician, I think, but I'm not really sure. I just see articles now and then in-passing online that mention "Lizzo", usually in the context of her weight and her 'clapping back' at someone on social media about it. I kinda recognised her face just from those passing thumbnail images scrolling past endless UniLad posts (unsubscribed from them at long last, got fed up with the incessant double-posts every single day, as well as the constant re-posts of old shit as 'new' even though it was years old when they first posted about it, as well as 'unearthed footage' posts which are just some idiot writer with a worthless overpriced degree stumbling on some old and very much always available video by accident etc etc etc) ... where was I? Oh yeah, Lizzo ... yeah ... talk about stunt casting.

Even Jack Black, playing her husband/king in the same episode, was truly dreadful in episode six. He wasn't the character at all, it was just Jack Black with a huge beard playing Star Wars. Awful. Even Christoper Lloyd got stuck with the most pathetic lines of dialogue, especially in his big 'sorry' speech that must've been written by a child it was that stupidly simplistic. Shocking stuff.

And when Lizzo 'knights' Grogu for ... reasons? ... one of many times my eyes damn-near rolled out of my skull during that episode.

Rumour has it that Favreau has been shoved aside and Kathleen Kennedy has got her grubby mits on Mando, hence the dramatic drop in quality. Rumours also abound that, because of Gina Carrano's firing, a whole bunch of wider story material (including one or two spin-offs - including her own spin-off) had to be thrown out entirely, or mangled and re-incorporated into what has been Mando S3. Yeesh.

The couple of episodes in Boba Fett (another wasted show) focusing on Mando were enjoyable, although they did ride roughshod over the ending to Mando's second season, which really should've been the finish to that.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Lizzo.

She's a musician, I think, but I'm not really sure. I just see articles now and then in-passing online that mention "Lizzo", usually in the context of her weight and her 'clapping back' at someone on social media about it. I kinda recognised her face just from those passing thumbnail images scrolling past endless UniLad posts (unsubscribed from them at long last, got fed up with the incessant double-posts every single day, as well as the constant re-posts of old shit as 'new' even though it was years old when they first posted about it, as well as 'unearthed footage' posts which are just some idiot writer with a worthless overpriced degree stumbling on some old and very much always available video by accident etc etc etc) ... where was I? Oh yeah, Lizzo ... yeah ... talk about stunt casting.
    Christ. I must be getting old, cos I've no clue about Lizzo or what clapping back means or what Unilad is.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Rumour has it that Favreau has been shoved aside and Kathleen Kennedy has got her grubby mits on Mando
    Oh dear.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Christ. I must be getting old, cos I've no clue about Lizzo or what clapping back means or what Unilad is.

Oh dear.
    1) "Clapping back", as 'da yoof' loves to say, often involves famous people you've no real clue who/why they are, mouthing off at anonymous strangers on Twitter or TikTok who slagged them off. So brittle is their self-esteem that they've never heard the phrase "don't feed the trolls" and they've gone running off to rant into their phones, post it online, and then hopefully bask in a lot of sycophantic affirmation. Unable to process that they may indeed not be so incredibly amazing and perfect, they turn every mean comment from a fucking nobody into Hamburger Hill.

2) Indeed. The behind-the-scenes scuttlebutt at Disney in general seems to be quite bad all-round, from fierce battles with the shareholders to thousands of firings happening at the moment amidst massive cost-saving measures. I can't imagine anybody in the higher echelons will get the axe - you know, the ones making the big decisions that have caused repeated box office failures and disappointments, focusing on identity politics far above story and characterisation - will no doubt go home unscathed to have a Scrooge McDuck bath as the company continues to slide backwards into the icy cold waters of creative bankruptcy. Mind you, they did fire Victoria Alonso, who has now gone away home with an undisclosed sum of money after legal action (i.e. eye watering amounts). Seems the official reason was a contract breach, but unofficially, rumour has it, that she's been very much attached to the decline in Disney Marvel and, so it is often heard online amongst the VFX world, a less-than-nice person to work for.

Further to that, it seems an awful lot of VFX companies now hate working for Disney - constantly changing their minds about VFX shots and then not paying for the work to be re-done. Companies are either being forced to put out inferior, rushed work or in some cases forced out of business because of the shoddy way they are dealt with by Disney. It also seems that there's a big shortage of VFX artists (due to the massive rush towards vast amounts of CGI use), so those who aren't under the Disney banner can pick and choose their projects and will often prefer to avoid the Mouse House like the plague.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 27-Apr-2023 at 10:10 AM.