Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWD 10x01 "Lines We Cross" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Any one else bothered by the treatment Lydia is receiving? Removing her from a room because Oceanside found a whisperer mask seems over the top. She is the greatest source of intel on the mind of her mother.
    I wasn't bothered by it. She has been "one of them" (The Whisperers) and her loyalty was a bit shaky towards the end of last season IIRC. While she lives among our gang, she is still from the threat, so the paranoia is quite understandable. There's always the risk that she could be a sleeper agent in their eyes, quite possibly, so they'd want to restrict any Whisperer-related intel around her. It's important to note that they also kept that info on strict lockdown amongst the council members only to avoid causing a panic.

Plus, it's the more interesting story for her - alienated from two groups: one, her 'family' who were also awful to her, and two, the new group who took her in and treated her far better, but whom don't quite trust her.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 11-Oct-2019 at 09:55 AM.

United States
    Yeah, one of the themes this season is Paranoia so her treatment fits the narrative. Plus, it also gives her a reason to connect with Negan.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I wasn't bothered by it. She has been "one of them" (The Whisperers) and her loyalty was a bit shaky towards the end of last season IIRC. While she lives among our gang, she is still from the threat, so the paranoia is quite understandable. There's always the risk that she could be a sleeper agent in their eyes, quite possibly, so they'd want to restrict any Whisperer-related intel around her. It's important to note that they also kept that info on strict lockdown amongst the council members only to avoid causing a panic.
    Plus, it's the more interesting story for her - alienated from two groups: one, her 'family' who were also awful to her, and two, the new group who took her in and treated her far better, but whom don't quite trust her.
    Except iirc didn’t father Gabriel fill Negan in? I appreciate the responses. It’s ok we disagree. I understand the paranoia. I thought she has payed her do’s. She accurately described what alpha does and will do.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Except iirc didn’t father Gabriel fill Negan in? I appreciate the responses. It’s ok we disagree. I understand the paranoia. I thought she has payed her do’s. She accurately described what alpha does and will do.
    I can see your point of view.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Although I think with Negan there's an element of piecing things together and familiarity, as well as charming tidbits out of people. He's been locked up in Alexandria for 6-7 years by this point, whereas Lydia has been around for just shy of a year, IIRC. Plus, Negan is 'one of us' (albeit a prisoner), whereas Lydia did come from the Whisperers.