Thread: The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners (VR game)

Administrator

England

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners (VR game)

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm not one for VR myself, although that does look pretty cool - the stuff with the zombies particularly looks quite intense, even if the aim seems a bit off at times.

I quite like the ability to look around corners like that and kinda assess the surroundings to help weigh up your decisions.

Was it just me or did the zombies sound a bit ... weird?
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 25-Oct-2019 at 10:00 AM.

United States
    WTF is this....
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 28-Jan-2020 at 09:33 AM.

Administrator

England
    Good to see seemingly a solid VR game!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Been a while since I've posted on here! I thought there would be a thread on this game so thought I'd drop in.
    I've had a HTC Vive for a couple of years now and whilst there are some good games on it (Skyrim, Arizona Sunshine etc), this is the first one for me that feels like a "proper" built from the ground up VR game. The graphics are good and the zombies are terrifying! Frantically trying to push them away when you're surrounded and grabbing for any kind of holstered weapon or broken bottle or something is an experience you don't get in any flat screen game. The combat is brutal and often up close, you can grab walkers by the head with one hand (using the grip buttons) and drive a knife/screwdriver/bottle through the skull with the other. The feedback on screen and through the controller gives the illusion of resistance as the blade goes in and also the feeling of weight when picking heavy objects up. Definitely recommend it if you have a VR headset or have been toying with the idea of one.

Administrator

England
    It's on the list
    -Carl Sagan