Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picard (Star Trek TV Series)

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Season 3 was by far the best of the bunch. I really liked it and it managed to give all recurring characters something new to both work with, but also struggle with.
    Also quite a few characters return from all over Trek.
    Regarding Season 1 and 2 being sub-par, this should be inescuseable in today's TV-climate but it IS however in line with more or less all of the Star Trek-shows since TNG onwards. None of the Season 1 are good, and most of them find their footing from Season 2, or more often 3, onwards.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is great too.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 23-Apr-2023 at 05:23 PM. Reason: vsfdfsdfs

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Picard is......decent but the tie-ins with Star Trek Online (perhaps not apparent to the casual viewer/non-player) disturb me. I play STO and am a Trek fan. Trek is allowing STO is paint it into a corner...in a lot of ways, not the least in the constant creation of classes of ships, Federation, Klingon,Romulan, etc. you name it, they got it. The problem? A lot of the stuff from STO, particularly the ships, are showing up in shows and being pushed as being "canon". It's become like an almost never ending feeding frenzy for Cryptic and Paramount: The shows being used to shill the creation of new ships, equipment, races, story lines, etc in STO. All of that is being created to do nothing more than keep gamers buying stuff on STO...and since everything that happens in STO is canon to Trek's main storyline? you can do the rest of the story for yourself...particularly if you are a gamer.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."