Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    That's what he gets for falsely telling everyone that they won't catch the coof if they are vaccinated and boosted.
    The worse thing is the policies that demonised (and still are) people who didn't get vaccinated compared to those that did. ie: You could enter a venue or country with proof of vaccination, but if you were not vaccinated even a test showing you're not infected might not be good enough.

This is madness. A vaccinated persion (a few weeks on) is basically just as likely to catch covid and basically just as likely to be infectious. Meanwhile, an unvaccinated individual having just proven to be negative with a test, is far LESS likely to be infectious.

Yes, I'm looking at the likes of you Justin Trudeau!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    ^ Agreed.

The whole coof fiasco has been far more about fear, control, political bullshit, and making the big pharma companies a shitload of money than actually protecting people's health. Most of the "science" has proven to be utter bullshit.

I've haven't gotten jabbed, and have absolutely NO plans to ever be. Considering this disease that has a ~99.7% survival rate and mostly mild to moderate symptoms, I'd rather take my chance with it than a vaccine that has already started causing health problems in a fair number of people, and doesn't even prevent the damn disease in the first place. I just wish I had been able to convince my mom not to get the jabs. Due to the media and her doctor's brainwashing, she got the first two. But, between my preaching and several people she knows getting the coof despite having all the jabs and always wearing their face diapers like good little sheeple, she decided not to get the boosters.

Rising

United States
    This virus has proven to be a bit of a pain in the ass when it comes to its persistence, frequently mutating into new strains, often more contagious, but, thankfully so far, not increasingly lethal. If one of these mutations turns it into a more effective killer of its host, though, then the shit is going to get really worse. So far, I keep avoiding contact with any substantial number of people. You never know what might be "cooking" out there in the "genetic soup" of society. So far, the tactic has worked. I have not caught this shit in the 2+ years it's been around.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    This virus has proven to be a bit of a pain in the ass when it comes to its persistence, frequently mutating into new strains, often more contagious, but, thankfully so far, not increasingly lethal. If one of these mutations turns it into a more effective killer of its host, though, then the shit is going to get really worse. So far, I keep avoiding contact with any substantial number of people. You never know what might be "cooking" out there in the "genetic soup" of society. So far, the tactic has worked. I have not caught this shit in the 2+ years it's been around.
    Likewise. I've also managed to avoid it entirely.

I wasn't one for big crowds of people beforehand, anyway, and life circumstances have changed in the last couple of years on top of it (giving more reason to do what I can to avoid it and not bring it into the house). Naturally, every time I step foot inside a hospital of GP office I'm masked-up and using the hand sanitiser.

United States
    I got all my covid vaccines shots and I don't use a mask out in public only at my job that I have to

Administrator

England
    More suggestion of negative complications (via a prospective study) in this case with teenagers. Why on earth there is still pressure for young people to be vaccinated with these building questions marks I do not know...

In short, in a group of 13-18yrs old, 1/3rd had mild side effects, with half of those being cardiovascular. More worrying, some individuals suffered worse effects including hospitalisation.

The question is raised, why haven't more of these prospective studies seemingly not been done?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekTR0w2M9-U
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Well, other half went to Ibiza over last weekend... Obviously caught it there, and then passed it on to me.

Symptoms are mild aches, tired, head ache, temp, mild cough. Nothing serious, just a very bad cold in effect...
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Well, other half went to Ibiza over last weekend... Obviously caught it there, and then passed it on to me.

Symptoms are mild aches, tired, head ache, temp, mild cough. Nothing serious, just a very bad cold in effect...
    100% positive it is Corona Virus?

United States
    I had the coof earlier this month. At least the ER claimed I did. First day was pretty miserable. Puking my guts out, significant body and head aches, weak and shaky. Then for days, all I wanted to do was sleep. Some mild congestion, coughing, and the chills. Took a good week and a half before I felt half decent. Never had a fever, though. My pants are still loose because I was afraid to eat / had no appetite for so long.

Fun times.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    100% positive it is Corona Virus?
    Yeh, other half tested +ve with obvious symptoms, them I had symptoms and tested +ve too.

Just spent 2+days in bed and now finally up, but still achey and lethargic. Mild cough, and then strangely painful constipation type symptoms - which I'm wondering was caused by the pain killers I was taking a lot of for 24hrs...
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Interesting paper on the possible counter productive effects of face coverings, and it potentially increasing risk not reduce them - https://journals.lww.com/md-journal/...emasks.60.aspx

I always saw mandatory mask wearing mandates as risking being little more than theatre, and at worse risking being a face gutter for germs. Seems there's a term for "face gutter for germs", the "Foegen effect".

Hopefully more investigations will be carried out to verify/refute it.

It's also interesting to notice how quiet the mainstream media are about the odd excess mortlity rates we're now seeing around the world. Many countries are around 10% above the norm, with some being over 30%...

It's hard to think of an explanation of these excess deaths that isn't hugely problematic to either governments who enforced extended lockdowns, and/or worse still, how safe the vaccines are....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjG3VoX3Ldk
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I'd imagine these excess deaths are caused in part (possibly in large part) by locking the doors on hospitals and GPs etc. All that "Stay at Home. Protect the NHS" government messaging that put the fear of God into the populace, and the NHS/GPs themselves were so terrified to deal with anyone ... I wouldn't be surprised if many were listening to symptoms on the phone and trying to find possible conditions it could be that could be handled with a simple prescription sent over electronically to the pharmacy instead of having to see someone in person and deal with them.

That's certainly been the experience of my family with Dad. The day he had the stroke he was filling out a form for sleep apnoea - he literally sent the fucking email to the fucking waste of space GP less than 20 minutes before it happened and our lives were destroyed.

So yeah, I think the excess deaths has been down to the various hospitals and health services slamming their doors shut in the faces of people who needed their help. I understand they were the focal point of risk, but when you've got people with serious conditions needing help (just look at how many people needing cancer treatments were fucked over) and you don't provide that help, don't be shocked when you've got a major problem on your hands afterwards and many more people are dying.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'd imagine these excess deaths are caused in part (possibly in large part) by locking the doors on hospitals and GPs etc. All that "Stay at Home. Protect the NHS" government messaging that put the fear of God into the populace, and the NHS/GPs themselves were so terrified to deal with anyone ... I wouldn't be surprised if many were listening to symptoms on the phone and trying to find possible conditions it could be that could be handled with a simple prescription sent over electronically to the pharmacy instead of having to see someone in person and deal with them.

That's certainly been the experience of my family with Dad. The day he had the stroke he was filling out a form for sleep apnoea - he literally sent the fucking email to the fucking waste of space GP less than 20 minutes before it happened and our lives were destroyed.

So yeah, I think the excess deaths has been down to the various hospitals and health services slamming their doors shut in the faces of people who needed their help. I understand they were the focal point of risk, but when you've got people with serious conditions needing help (just look at how many people needing cancer treatments were fucked over) and you don't provide that help, don't be shocked when you've got a major problem on your hands afterwards and many more people are dying.
    Indeed. How long are the waiting lists now for treatments? How many people that should get treatment are not going to get it in time? How many 'lumps' are not getting diagnosed in time? etc...
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    interesting information
    Last edited by teddy569; 07-Oct-2022 at 09:41 AM. Reason: check

Super Moderator

Germany
    I had covid at the end of August. I had been vaxxed and boosted twice due to my age. My symptoms were so mild I almost didn't get tested. I've had worse colds. I am overweight and in my 50's - so high risk. I consider myself fortunate, and glad I followed my doctor's advice.