Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Day Of The Dead: TV Series

Administrator

England
    Criminal!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    LOL @ the "Inspired by George A. Romero" caption:

They've even appropriated the font style of the original's too!

And, "They're coming for you?" Referencing Night?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Great Britain
    Ok I'm two episodes deep and I can't look away, its just so bad, I gave it a 2 out 10 yesterday, well after episode 2 I've really have to give it 1/10 because I watched a zombies disembodied arm crawl across the floor and up a wall to open a door.

It's such a shame because this does have budget and the practical effects are not bad, but good lord its a bad show, they have also added their version of Bud into it now by a character picking up a jacket with the name on.

I just cant look away, pray for me guys pray for me.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    LOL @ the "Inspired by George A. Romero"
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And right next to the aforementioned flipped middle finger.
    To make that poster even more accurate, they should have turned the hand the other other direction so it's giving the finger to Romero's name, because that's exactly what they're doing with this POS anyhow.
    Last edited by beat_truck; 18-Aug-2022 at 08:19 PM. Reason: fu

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Ok I'm two episodes deep and I can't look away, its just so bad, I gave it a 2 out 10 yesterday, well after episode 2 I've really have to give it 1/10 because I watched a zombies disembodied arm crawl across the floor and up a wall to open a door.

It's such a shame because this does have budget and the practical effects are not bad, but good lord its a bad show, they have also added their version of Bud into it now by a character picking up a jacket with the name on.

I just cant look away, pray for me guys pray for me.
    Thanks! You've saved me from wasting a single minute on it...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Caught about ten minutes of it... Felt like Z Nation...
    -Carl Sagan

Great Britain
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Caught about ten minutes of it... Felt like Z Nation...
    Z Nation is Game of Thrones season one, when put against Day of the Dead.

I did watch all episodes of this rubbish and they even used Salem's Lot and headphones on their version of Bud and to fuck with it all they killed off their Rhodes Character by having him ripped in half shouting "choke on em" ffs, they desecrated the Movie using the Characters names and lines and then using nothing from the movie setting at all.

Also there was so much talking between characters, it was like 1 minute of action and then 20 minutes of them talking, guess its cheaper doing dialogue then effects which makes me wish they even had a good script.

I've watched some really bad Zombie stuff over the years and this with a reasonable budget, the fucking name of a classic Romero movie and they fuck it up this bad, easily one of the worse things I've ever watched, it wasn't even funny bad.

Watch at your peril.

0/10

Aaland
    The lore and rules were really inconsistent in this show. They have a lengthy embalming scene showing in lingering detail how blood is drained from corpses before burial, but the zombies who were chopped up by the lawnmower were buried and had loads of blood in them. The corpse at the funeral gets it's head bashed in and stays dead, but one of the lawnmower victims gets it's head cut to bits and keeps on going.
    Last edited by Skinrash; 30-Aug-2022 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Typo
    My comic store Creepy and funny comics for sale.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinrash View Post
    The lore and rules were really inconsistent in this show. They have a lengthy embalming scene showing in lingering detail how blood is drained from corpses before burial, but the zombies who were chopped up by the lawnmower were buried and had loads of blood in them. The corpse at the funeral gets it's head bashed in and stays dead, but one of the lawnmower victims gets it's head cut to bits and keeps on going.
    A distinct lack of thought being put into it, by the sounds of it.

This is what comes of the 'content' mindset. They're not trying to make a quality creative piece of storytelling ... they're trying to fill an order by a corporation for media content. About as much thought goes into this as the average Disney+ show, it seems ... in other words, not much.