Thread: TWD 10x11 "Morning Star" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 10x11 "Morning Star" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Please keep all talk of episode 10x11 "Morning Star" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Michael Strazemis
    Written by: Julia Ruchman & Vivian Tse
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 09-Mar-2020 at 10:51 AM.

United States
    Loved this episode! The parallels to 6x16 and 7x1 are too strong to ignore. This one had it all. Only kinda wish it was paced a bit better. With only 5 min left I knew the big battle wasn’t happening here.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah - the pacing was the main issue - it was a piss-take, really. I kept checking the time, anticipating the start of the action - and, really, five minutes left and you start the war?

That's not to say I didn't enjoy all the character stuff beforehand, I most certainly did enjoy that stuff and some of it was very effective - such as the moment between Daryl and Ezekiel where they discussed evacuating the kids should things go south, and then Daryl's moment with Judith (he's got a new wing on his vest to re-complete the set!) - but for it to be sooooooooooo unbalanced was quite frustrating. In a binge viewing scenario it wouldn't be that annoying, but having been teased with the beginning of the action last week, to get to now and for that to only be the last 5 minutes of the episode - meaning we now have to wait another week for it to be concluded - was proper annoying.

Annnnnnywaaaaaay ... that aside, there was lots of good material going on in this one.

Eugene must have a good and attentive memory, 'cos radio lady's instructions went right in one ear and out the other for me.

Now - Negan - it was interesting to note that Alpha's fire attack was not something Negan was aware of. He's playing a game, or attempting to, with Alpha, but he doesn't have as much sway as he might think. We also know that he cares for Judith quite a bit, but I don't think he's aware that she is inside Hilltop - so, I wonder if he'll find that out at some point and might that inspire a speeding up of any potential plan he might have to change the course of the Whisperer war?

United States
    See, because I didn't watch any trailers or previews I wasn't expecting a fight.

Definitely helped my enjoyment.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    See, because I didn't watch any trailers or previews I wasn't expecting a fight.

Mmm ... it was the preview on Talking Dead, so obviously I couldn't say no.

Looking forward to next week, naturally.

- - - Updated - - -

Ooh - one really cool little detail I noticed in this: the way Judith had her hand kinda slung on the gun in his holster - just like Rick used to do!

Very nice touch, right there.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post

Agreed! I never watch previews or trailers etc!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Agreed! I never watch previews or trailers etc!
    I started doing that for movies and my enjoyment in the theater is one hundred times better. Flicks these days give you every big moment in previews. No thanks.

I read TWD books so I know everything that happens but it is working with this back half for the television version. AMC is just giving away way too much.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 12-Mar-2020 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Say no to trailers.