Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWD 10x12 "Walk With Us" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 10x12 "Walk With Us" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Please keep all talk of episode 10x12 "Walk With Us" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Greg Nicotero
    Written by: Eli Jorné & Nicole Mirante-Matthews
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 16-Mar-2020 at 11:50 AM.

United States
    Let’s gooooooo!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    So, AMC have been doing this "AMC Premiere" thing for a while now (it can be viewed on that at 9pm on Friday nights - i.e. 48 hours early) ... which means those of a yarrrr persuasion can get the episode on Saturday rather than Monday.

Of the four episodes in this back half that we've seen, this is the best (thus far).

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    So, AMC have been doing this "AMC Premiere" thing for a while now (it can be viewed on that at 9pm on Friday nights - i.e. 48 hours early) ... which means those of a yarrrr persuasion can get the episode on Saturday rather than Monday.

Of the four episodes in this back half that we've seen, this is the best (thus far).
    Ahhhh you caved in! I ain't paying AMC anything extra lol I'll wait and avoid spoilers.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 15-Mar-2020 at 04:11 AM. Reason: AMC sucks
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    There won't be a Talking Dead this week, apparently. Ruddy Coronavirus precautions.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Ahhhh you caved in! I ain't paying AMC anything extra lol I'll wait and avoid spoilers.
    Who said I caved in?
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 15-Mar-2020 at 11:34 AM.

United States
    There won't be a Talking Dead this week, apparently. Ruddy Coronavirus precautions.

Who said I caved in?
    Haha you said it was the best unless you meant by reviews. If so, my bad.

Yep and production has halted on both shows. Looks like Season 11 is coming late.

Super Moderator

UK
    Haha you said it was the best unless you meant by reviews. If so, my bad.

Yep and production has halted on both shows. Looks like Season 11 is coming late.
    Oh, you mean caved-in as in watched the episode early? Well, sure, if I can watch it a couple of days early then yeah, I'm gonna watch it. The download's there, so why wait until Monday?

And yeah, it's a good episode. I really enjoyed it. Now I'll twiddle my fingers until you lot have seen it.

Hopefully this lock down stuff won't last too long, and hopefully it'll succeed in really cutting the virus off at the knees and stop it spreading like wildfire.

United States
    The download is there yes, but I refuse to give AMC a subscription. NOPE.

Looking forward to it. Need something to take my mind off the news for a change.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 16-Mar-2020 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Sorry, I just really dislike AMC airing shit early.

Super Moderator

UK
    The download is there yes, but I refuse to give AMC a subscription. NOPE.
    Yeah, but neither have I...

United States
    Yeah, but neither have I...
    Fair enough.

Wow what an episode. One of the best yet. I’ll have more to say. For now, though, all I can say is Carol and Negan, man! I knew it was her.

Super Moderator

UK
    Wow what an episode. One of the best yet. I’ll have more to say. For now, though, all I can say is Carol and Negan, man! I knew it was her.
    Finally I can talk about this episode!

I assume she was taking a two-pronged approach. Carol going after Alpha is obvious, but she went with a back-up co-plan sorta deal for Negan to raptor-swoop in from the side as a second iron in the fire - to be the not at all obvious choice as a means of execution. Now, Carol still had her issues and was making bad decisions - so employed Negan in the first place could be a part of that, but it also displays some canny sense: the two path approach. If Carol got to her first, so be it, but it was Negan - either way Alpha is dead.

Now, though, there's the issue of Beta - I loved the "it's you" moment once his mask had been partially ripped off, and then just slaying the dude for that.

And, of course, two other deaths - thingymy the blacksmith and Gamma. A fair bit going on in this episode.

I was a little bummed the attack on Hilltop was, essentially, just the cold open (five minutes worth) and that was our lot - hopefully we'll get some really major set pieces for the inevitable climactic battle between our folks and the Whisperers. They had a lot of action in those five minutes (and therefore a lot of set-ups in such a compressed period of night shooting), but it kinda felt like it could have been bigger. Like I say, hopefully we'll get grand spectacle in the coming episodes.

Rising

United States
    Negan gave the expected "coup d'état". But the "Vice President" still remains, and most likely will take over control of the group if he is not dealt with.

Administrator

England
    ...all I can say is Carol and Negan, man! I knew it was her.
    Did I miss something?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Did I miss something?
    Carol was the one that let Negan out of his jail cell.

Super Moderator

UK
    I liked the stuff with Judith in this episode as well - she wasn't just a superhero doing whatever with no problems (the so-called "Mary Sue" problem, IIRC?) - when faced with an unmasked Whisperer pleading for their life she froze and didn't finish them off (killing a fellow human being is a lot different than putting down a walker), and in-turn the imminent death of the blacksmith dude (his name escapes me right now) was also a big shock ... and yet you could see the fortitude that she has, but in order for it to come out she has to be tested first.

So it was nice to see some complexity in her capabilities.