Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWD 10x12 "Walk With Us" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Carol was the one that let Negan out of his jail cell.
    Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I liked the stuff with Judith in this episode as well - she wasn't just a superhero doing whatever with no problems (the so-called "Mary Sue" problem, IIRC?) - when faced with an unmasked Whisperer pleading for their life she froze and didn't finish them off (killing a fellow human being is a lot different than putting down a walker), and in-turn the imminent death of the blacksmith dude (his name escapes me right now) was also a big shock ... and yet you could see the fortitude that she has, but in order for it to come out she has to be tested first.

So it was nice to see some complexity in her capabilities.
    I liked that Earl failed to kill himself to stop himself turning on that spike. Watching I thought no way would that work and it didn't. I like stuff like that.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheZ View Post
    I liked that Earl failed to kill himself to stop himself turning on that spike. Watching I thought no way would that work and it didn't. I like stuff like that.
    Definitely a nice moment. I was thinking that’s gonna be hard af to do, ouch.

Judith’s moments were well done too I agree. I got some early Carl vibes. The loss of innocence.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheZ View Post
    Aye, I really dug that, too. It's interesting to see that scenario - where someone is bit, needs to kill themselves (so they don't turn and attack the kids), but they don't have any weapons with which to do it - so the attempt at improvising was nifty, and yeah, I too liked that his attempt failed, but that it also played into Judith's story during the episode. Generally quite nicely done, that whole thing.

It's been a while since we've had a "big" episode like this - three big character deaths etc - which is reinvigorating ... ... just annoying that ruddy Corona virus scuppered Talking Dead this week. I guess they'll have to have a bumper edition, or talk really friggin' fast, whenever the next episode airs (I can't imagine there'll be one for 10x13 either).

Fresh Meat

United States

Hello from Mississippi, USA!!

Good morning, all.

I have never posted here, but have been a registered member since 2006. Not as long as you folks, but for a while at least. By way of introduction, my name is Drew. I'm old enough to have seen the original Night of the Living Dead in 1968--scared the hell out of me (I was 12). Since then I've avidly kept up with books, movies, etc. about the walking dead. I have not read the graphic novels, though, even those on which this current series is based. Anyway, I don't want to take much of your time, just to say a couple of things:

1. Absolutely LOVED this latest episode. I was bummed out when Laura got killed in the previous episode. After all, how can you not fall for a girl with such a cool tattoo? This episode got me past that in a hurry. One of my favorites of all time.

2. Unlike you folks, I really don't observe well enough to expect when things happen, so I'm always getting surprised by things. For example, had NO idea about Carol and Negan, and almost fell off my seat when Alpha's head was tossed at Carol's feet. Was absolutely floored by that. I like being surprised, but do miss things. So, it is great reading your takes and finding out all about the things I missed.

3. THANK YOU to all of you for taking the time to post your comments. I read this site every day and very much enjoy what you have to say.

4. TAKE CARE, and good luck in these hectic and uncertain times. I hope all of you make it to the other side.

Cheers,
    Drew

Super Moderator

UK
    Hi, Drew.

I suppose there's different ways that different folks experience the show - like how those who haven't read the comics have a different experience from those who have. Those who have know the main beats of what's coming, but with various changes along the way in the show versus the comic it's interesting to see how the show will put a new spin on Kirkman's original version.

United States
    Drew! Hey, buddy.

MZ already hit on the good points but one thing I will say is this; with the comics to a conclusion and the show moving towards that final arc, I'm expecting a whole new direction after the next season cause I doubt AMC is finishing off the show at this moment. I'm quite intrigued, tbh.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."