Thread: Netflix Kingdom

Great Britain

Netflix Kingdom

Hey all hope everybody is staying safe, just wonder if any of you guys had watched this series? Season 2 has just premiered on Neflix and in my opinion the series is great, its a cross of Game of Thrones (good seasons) and Train to Busan

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9099938/

https://youtu.be/4l-yByZpaaM season 1 trailer

https://youtu.be/7ecrESKwh_Y season 2 trailer

United States
    I saw the first season with the English dub. Bad mistake lol. I enjoyed it. I’ll probably get around to season 2 with English subtitles.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Great Britain
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I saw the first season with the English dub. Bad mistake lol. I enjoyed it. I’ll probably get around to season 2 with English subtitles.
    Agree with the dubbing lol, Korea seems to be bringing out some really good zombie stuff at the moment , season 2 is only 6 episodes so goes at a fair pace, if it gets a season 3 Im think it wont be for awhile sadly do to world events.

Train to Busan is getting a sequel can Peninsula again might be awhile for this too.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Agree with the dubbing lol, Korea seems to be bringing out some really good zombie stuff at the moment , season 2 is only 6 episodes so goes at a fair pace, if it gets a season 3 Im think it wont be for awhile sadly do to world events.

Train to Busan is getting a sequel can Peninsula again might be awhile for this too.
    Annoying as now's the time to shoot a zombie flick with loads of empty towns and streets...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Just been bitten

Scotland
    Thought season one was great. I am saving season 2 and every other decent thing out just now just in case I get Furloughed.

Did any of you watch Black Summer on Netflix? That is also getting a second season.

We could never have imagined all those years ago in the early 00s that the genre would have exploded the way it has into mainstream telly and the like. I was only a fan of the Romero works, but we have so much to enjoy in our favourite genre now and it keeps coming! Nothing will ever top Day of the Dead for me though. It is genius. I would maybe like to see a modernised scene for scene (maybe with nice expensive visuals and expanded world) remake of both movies one day.
    Last edited by MagicMoonMonkey; 03-Apr-2020 at 04:33 PM. Reason: typo

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMoonMonkey View Post
    Thought season one was great. I am saving season 2 and every other decent thing out just now just in case I get Furloughed.

Did any of you watch Black Summer on Netflix? That is also getting a second season.

We could never have imagined all those years ago in the early 00s that the genre would have exploded the way it has into mainstream telly and the like. I was only a fan of the Romero works, but we have so much to enjoy in our favourite genre now and it keeps coming! Nothing will ever top Day of the Dead for me though. It is genius. I would maybe like to see a modernised scene for scene (maybe with nice expensive visuals and expanded world) remake of both movies one day.
    Really enjoyed the first season. One of the best zombie chase scenes i've ever seen occurs in this.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Damn, how did I miss Season 2 was released months ago? Doh!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Great Britain
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Damn, how did I miss Season 2 was released months ago? Doh!
    It's great love this series, hope it continues.
    Last edited by paranoid101; 29-Jul-2020 at 04:49 PM. Reason: spelling

Being Attacked

United States
    wasn't a big fan of how they ended the action sequence in Kingdom season 2. The cliff hanger was awesome and the details at the end were really good as well.

Great Britain
    Kingdom special now on Netflix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MTbuQEt_IQ

Administrator

England
    Oooh! Nice!
    -Carl Sagan

Great Britain
    Watched this last and it was fantastic, nice special to give a background story too a new actor that was in season 2, can't wait till season 3.