Thread: TWD 10x15 "The Tower" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 10x15 "The Tower" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Please keep all talk of episode 10x15 "The Tower" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Laura Belsey
    Written by: Kevin Deiboldt & Julia Ruchman

The communities prep for final battle of the Whisperer War, while Eugene's group meets Princess.
    And then we'll have to play the waiting game for the finale...
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 13-Apr-2020 at 05:19 PM.

United States
    It’s gonna be a long ass time before this series returns.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 04-Apr-2020 at 03:12 PM. Reason: LIAR.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    It’s gonna be a long ass time before this series returns.
    Yep. Prepare for delayed gratification, big style.

Super Moderator

UK
    I see there is a preview scene from 10x16 out there (which, yes, I couldn't help but resist) - although if you don't want a particular spoiler (not a death), then don't watch it ... although it is rather good.

Anyway ... I read an interview with Kang and she said they only had about 1.5 weeks worth of post-production to go when the lockdown got called. Dang! They were trying to crank it out faster, but it just wasn't possible.

Anyway (part two) - 10x15 ... good stuff, but man, just when you're all set for lift off you stop getting jacked.

United States
    I’m not gonna try and avoid spoilers for something that’s months away lol it’s impossible with all the previews and information ALREADY out there.

Well, I can’t believe it, they already made Princess a likable, sympathetic character. She didn’t come off as annoying as the comic. Fun.

Good acting from the younger cast too.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    I really liked the little talk between Judith and Daryl (although I would have liked one little bit of dialogue from him to tell her off for just sodding off on her own - regardless of the note she left!) ... it's been really nice to get to see Daryl in different lights, and here he is as a sort of parental figure.

The scenes with Lydia and Negan were also really good, and it's interesting that they decamped from Alexandria to this "tower". We'd already had a mass of walkers descend upon Alexandria in season 6, so maybe that's why they made the change (IIRC, the climax of the war with The Whisperers took place at Alexandria, right?)

United States
    Yeah it was Alexandria. Probably didn’t want to have so much going on again there as many people actually live in that community. Won’t lie though, was kinda gutted they called this episode “The Tower” and didn’t deliver that infamous Tower death.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 06-Apr-2020 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Dog!

Super Moderator

UK
    I like how they've incorporated sign language into their tactical skills (as we saw with Alden and Aaron spying on Beta in the windmill). Really beds that aspect into the show and makes total sense - now that they have people who know it and can teach it, they can use it in these kinds of scenarios.

I also dug how Daryl dealth with that Whisperer - enough talk, wham, bolt to the head, and no chance of a burial (as if!) - Judith is really starting to get confronted with the harsh realities of the ZA world. Before she was dabbling, now she's full blown in it.

Yeah it was Alexandria. Probably didn’t want to have so much going on again there as many people actually live in that community. Won’t lie though, was kinda gutted they called this episode “The Tower” and didn’t deliver that infamous Tower death.
    Using spoiler tags, obviously, remind me again about that???

United States

When Gabriel was on the tower on lookout and panicked, caught his leg on a beam and broke it. Dangling, Beta walks up to him, slices his gut spilling his entrails, and walks away as the walkers devour him. They didn’t leave much haha.

Would have been so awesome.

Also I meant people in real life live in the Alexandria community. Not our fictional characters.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 07-Apr-2020 at 02:50 PM. Reason: The Tower.

Super Moderator

UK

When Gabriel was on the tower on lookout and panicked, caught his leg on a beam and broke it. Dangling, Beta walks up to him, slices his gut spilling his entrails, and walks away as the walkers devour him. They didn’t leave much haha.

Would have been so awesome.

Also I meant people in real life live in the Alexandria community. Not our fictional characters.
    Ah yes, I thought that was the scene you were meaning. It was a bit of a bitch-ass way to go out, but it was pretty gruesome at the same time.

Yeah - I do wonder about the logistics of shooting in that area where Alexandria is made, as in, the actual real world location. All sorts going on, even at night (the invasion of Alexandria in season six must have kept a few people up at night, lol!) ... I was half-wondering if there were maybe budgetary concerns as well with this impending battle with The Whisperers, hence a move to this other location ... but I don't know. They certainly made the move make sense in the story, so it's all good.