Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dawn of the Dead Mall Music

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I’ve seen a few articles now saying the Blu Rays are locked Region B, UHD is of course Region Free.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-v...ked-new-stuff/
    I have a player that can switch between regions. I can confirm or deny this when it's released.
    Often discs are labelled as coded a certain region but then aren't actually. The licensor usually demands it, but it's not unheard of for distributors to just don't bother.
    However I think we can assume two things; One is that Rubinstein is probably going to be adamant about this. The other is that the reason he is adamant about it is that there is a US release on the way.

United States
    I gave up on Dawn when I was a kid because of the music. I just didn’t understand it. It was a disconnect to me.

Years later I gave it another chance and the rest was history. Couldn’t imagine the movie without the soundtrack.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I have a player that can switch between regions. I can confirm or deny this when it's released.
    Often discs are labelled as coded a certain region but then aren't actually. The licensor usually demands it, but it's not unheard of for distributors to just don't bother.
    However I think we can assume two things; One is that Rubinstein is probably going to be adamant about this. The other is that the reason he is adamant about it is that there is a US release on the way.
    Yeah, I would be stunned if there wasn't a US port of this release in some fashion or other in the pipeline. I've read that Rubenstein spent a wodge on that pointless 3D conversion of Dawn - and when the gimmick of 3D was (again) already wearing off. A baffling decision to bother wasting money on that ... so he'll probably be looking to recoup some cashola.

There was a 4K restoration that came out a while ago in France (IIRC?) ... somewhere in Europe anyway (Italy?) ... so now it's Blighty's turn. Americaland shouldn't be too far away.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Yeah, I would be stunned if there wasn't a US port of this release in some fashion or other in the pipeline. I've read that Rubenstein spent a wodge on that pointless 3D conversion of Dawn - and when the gimmick of 3D was (again) already wearing off. A baffling decision to bother wasting money on that ... so he'll probably be looking to recoup some cashola.

There was a 4K restoration that came out a while ago in France (IIRC?) ... somewhere in Europe anyway (Italy?) ... so now it's Blighty's turn. Americaland shouldn't be too far away.
    There was an extraordinarily cool italian release two years ago, with all versions but only the Argento cut was a 4k scan. This is the first ever release of all three versions with a new 4k scan.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    There was an extraordinarily cool italian release two years ago, with all versions but only the Argento cut was a 4k scan. This is the first ever release of all three versions with a new 4k scan.
    Ah yes, that's the one I was thinking of!

I never got the Arrow Video release from several years ago as it was basically a port of the Ultimate Edition DVD, except that the theatrical cut was in HD (the others were DVD ports) ... but I sure as hell will be getting my mits on Second Sight's release.