Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of the Dead Mall Music

Administrator

England

Dawn of the Dead Mall Music

Not sure if this has been posted before, but...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Very cool hearing it on its own! It’s funny how I can see each and every scene the bits were used in. I’m sure all of us here can.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Can't wait for Second Sight's Dawn of the Dead box-set due to be released this year.

Look at that beast;

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-v...oming-october/

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Can't wait for Second Sight's Dawn of the Dead box-set due to be released this year.

Look at that beast;

OMFG, tell me about it. I saw those specs a few days ago ... ... oh lawdy, I got the vapours.

United States

Look at that beast;

Instant purchase and MARTIN the same day??
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    damn, that looks awesome! and martin on blu-ray the same day?!?!

not sure if they are getting U.S. releases, but if so, there goes my resolve to be wiser with my money in these uncertain times....oh well, lord knows i'll get plenty of hours of entertainment out of watching them.

please keep us in the loop on release details in case some of us forget!

and thanks for the music link, neil! gonna fire up dead rising on the ps4 and jam out while slaying some ghouls!

Super Moderator

UK
    Those Dawn and Martin Blu-Rays are gonna be pre-orders for me as soon as they become available. They will be most welcome in my collection.

They'll be pricier than your average release, but hopefully they'll not be piss-take expensive.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Here are the extras

Last edited by EvilNed; 06-Apr-2020 at 07:32 PM. Reason: sdfds

United States
    US release? Plz plz plz plz!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    This is a UK release, however the BluRay discs may be region free (cult films often are) and the UHD discs most certainly will since there are no region codings on UHD.
    So if you have a UHD player you can order it from Amazon.co.uk and just pay extra shipping. It'll be worth.

However if there is a 4k scan out there it's bound to hit US Shores eventually, but that may take a year or more.

United States
    christ on a cracker! 4 discs! 3 audio cd's! 2 books! a sexy-as-fuck package! that thing is going to cost a small fortune!

any word on a price yet?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This is a UK release, however the BluRay discs may be region free (cult films often are) and the UHD discs most certainly will since there are no region codings on UHD.
    So if you have a UHD player you can order it from Amazon.co.uk and just pay extra shipping. It'll be worth.

However if there is a 4k scan out there it's bound to hit US Shores eventually, but that may take a year or more.
    I’ve seen a few articles now saying the Blu Rays are locked Region B, UHD is of course Region Free.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-v...ked-new-stuff/

Take note of this important info: “Blu-ray version: Discs 1-4 Blu-ray. UHD version: Discs 1-3 UHD, Disc 4 Blu-ray. Blu-ray discs region B (contractual). UHD has no region coding.”
    Last edited by bassman; 07-Apr-2020 at 09:00 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    I think I'm gonna have to reinforce my shelves to carry this bad boy.

Prof - no word on price as yet, AFAIK. Even once the pre-order becomes available the price may shift by the time the release date arrives.

It's nice to see some of the best stuff from the 4-disc Ultimate Edition DVD (which I've had for a long old time now) has been ported over, but that there's a shedload of new extras on here as well. Good to see Second Sight are really investing themselves in this release. They've done some good releases in the UK in the past (e.g. From Beyond, Re-Animator, Basket Case trilogy), but this is shaping up to be their best yet.

Really looking forward to knowing what the Martin package will have in store for us, too. One of Romero's gems.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 07-Apr-2020 at 09:58 AM.

United States
    I adore Martin. So underrated.

Don’t have a UHD player.

Super Moderator

UK
    It's funny listening to some of those tracks 'out of context' (i.e. not when watching the movie). Some of them are quite corny, but when they're actually in the movie I can't imagine them not being there, you know? They really do fit well and, let's be honest, there was a campiness to 1970s consumer culture anyway - the fashions and aspirations etc.