Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Stand (TV Series) - 2020

Administrator

England

The Stand (TV Series) - 2020

Not sure about Whoopi Goldberg being in it, but hopefully she'll pull a good performance out of the bag - https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...nd-miniseries/
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ive-first-look

Note the traffic lights are on! Nice to know the power is still working after everyone is dead!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ive-first-look

Note the traffic lights are on! Nice to know the power is still working after everyone is dead!
    "Guess the power's not off in this area. Could be nuclear."

Either that or my project for building a perpetual motion machine actually works at some point in the future.

Super Moderator

UK
    If it's a screenshot from a finished episode then it's a mistake, but if it's just an on-set production still (which are regularly used for promotional purposes) then that's another thing.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Dropped!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I would imagine it’s just a production still. Reminiscent of our first photo from TWD back in 2010, which was just Rick walking down a Georgia road with a fuel can. A shot that never really appeared in the show, as he never had the gas can on that particular stretch of road(where he’s shot).

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I don't like the way it's been edited and very disappointed by a certain change in the second episode but will keep rolling with it.

Ireland
    Watched the first episode. It was OK (ish). Not mad about the structure either.

I was never a fan of the book and all that Mother Abigale/walking dude stuff didn't grab me at all. I'll give the next couple of episodes a watch, but I can't see myself sticking with it unless it gets better real fast.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Saw the first episode and didn't really fall for the chronological gymnastics it tries to perform. I'm guessing each episode showcases one, or two characters and the first one was Harold Lauder and to a lesser extent Stu Redman.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Yeah, the second one was Larry and Lloyd.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    Yeah, the second one was Larry and Lloyd.
    Then I'm gonna go one further and say each episode showcases one bad and one good...

Guessing Nick and Nadine in the next one.

Administrator

England
    Well, just signed up to StarzPlay for 99p a month which is featuring this series... So I'll give some feedback as I watch it...
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    It's ok?

Just ok. The very definition of "nothing special".
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    I wish CBS All Access was 99p a month. PFFT.

I haven't watched this yet. The "ok" reviews on here haven't inspired me to rush to watch it.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    EP2

Finding the time jumps back and forward don't work very well, and the characters generally quite flat.

And the Lincoln Tunnel scene being replaced with going through a 'haunted' sewer? What a waste!
    -Carl Sagan