Thread: Account closure/deletion request

Fresh Meat
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

England

Account closure/deletion request

Hi, I don't really use this account anymore and I've decided it'd be best to remove it but it says the forum's powered by vBulletin which doesn't allow manual account deletion, so I would like to respectfully request to any site admins, should their attention be brought to this and if they don't object, to have my account closed and its info either deleted or anonymized. As for my forum posts, I'm sure there's a way of keeping them up without having them attached to an account?
    Last edited by ElectricFire169; 12-Aug-2020 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Minor addition

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricFire169 View Post
    Hi, I don't really use this account anymore and I've decided it'd be best to remove it but it says the forum's powered by vBulletin which doesn't allow manual account deletion, so I would like to respectfully request to any site admins, should their attention be brought to this and if they don't object, to have my account closed and its info either deleted or anonymized. As for my forum posts, I'm sure there's a way of keeping them up without having them attached to an account?
    Not sure what's to be gained by this? And what you're hoping to achieve?

If you're worried about security issues, just change your password to something ultra unique?

If you want to detach your email address here from your account, you/we could assign a false email address to it (eg: ignore@ignore.com)?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan