Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWD 10x16 A Certain Doom" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Yep. They doing that crap again. It has to be one of the worst Get Out Of Jail cards I've ever seen. It's been eye rolling since S01.

I really haven't cared too much about the show since Rick left and the Whisperers storyline is absolute pants, both in the comic and the TV show. I think it's just run out of steam really. There's too many characters that I just couldn't give a toss about and the worse thing is they keep adding to them. That annoying bitch in the purple coat...jesus. I know they're trying to reach for quirky and offbeat, but they're only getting irritating and stupid.
    Princess is more relatable than you think.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Also, they seemed to have learned from Gabriel’s mistake of splattering Walker blood all over their faces.
    Aye, I noticed that, too.

And sure, the 'walker goo camo' thing is a bit iffy, but they've only used it a few times on TWD ... not like on FearTWD early on where the Nick character kept slapping it on at every given opportunity (he never seemed to be wearing clean clothes!), but also in that he just spritzed on a smudge or two of blood and that was enough (unlike on the main show where it really is a gruesome task that, as proven in season 8, is dangerous to one's health).

They only do it when they really have to - and for me at least, it was a tense sequence as they made their way through the walkers (and the shots of the walkers flooding into that little ante-room entrance/exit area worked a treat.

Princess is more relatable than you think.
    Yeah. She's more than her surface (a colourful fuzzy overcoat and a very happy disposition). Besides, I think the show finds more shades of grey than the comics were ever able to. I really enjoyed being introduced to her lonely world with all the captive walkers as some makeshift 'populace' (had a very GAR feel to it with all their occupations or scenarios in which they were situated).

England
    Is it still worth watching this? I stopped at the end of season 7 and felt no real urge to pick it back up again, I found all the Kingdom stuff to be a bit silly and the A-Team style shoot outs where only the "red shirts" got hit, plus it was becoming more soap opera than the good writing of the earlier seasons.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Is it still worth watching this? I stopped at the end of season 7 and felt no real urge to pick it back up again, I found all the Kingdom stuff to be a bit silly and the A-Team style shoot outs where only the "red shirts" got hit, plus it was becoming more soap opera than the good writing of the earlier seasons.
    It's barely worth watching anymore, and only if you are a masochist.

I thought the soap opera action started happening in season 2, to be honest.

United States
    Give season 9 and 10 a try.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Yes, it's not saying a whole lot, but seasons 9 and 10 are definitely much better than 7 and 8. Those were the all time lowest point for the show. The beginning of 8 almost made me stop watching.

Super Moderator

UK
    Bash out season 8 (it does have some very good episodes and sequences - although there will be some things that'll irk you, particularly on the 'A-Team style shoot outs' gripe in one or two of the early episodes), but then the showrunner changed to Angela Kang for Season 9 (and beyond) - and the quality takes a big old leap upwards. I've actually just started re-watching season 9 and was reminded of how good it was. Season 10 isn't as good as 9, and there's no doubting that you miss certain characters once they've left the show, but 9 and 10 have seen a big spike in quality as well as sweeping aside a lot of the problems corners that Gimple had a tendency to paint himself into: e.g. his obsession with compressed time for telling a story. Basically, there were three seasons of material there that all took place within Maggie's first trimester - it was taking the piss. However, season 9 swoops in with a year long time jump from the get-go, then another 35 days between episodes 1 and 2, and the sense of storytelling propulsion is much improved.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 07-Oct-2020 at 10:23 AM.

Great Britain
    Well that was anti-climatic, that's pretty much sums up that episode, might be interesting to see where the new storm-troopers go with Eugene.

United States
    Anti-climactic definitely sums it up. The blood and guts get-out-of-jail-free card was lame, and they are even getting super lazy with that. Most of them didn't even disguise their faces at all. I about started laughing when the storm troopers showed up. And in all of that was happening, did nobody but one red-shirt get killed, and that's it? Or was it two?

This show is really getting pathetic at this point.