Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWD 10x16 A Certain Doom" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 10x16 A Certain Doom" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Please keep all talk of episode 10x16 "A Certain Doom" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

So we've been waiting for this one since April 'cos of the feckin' Covid-19, but it's finally coming...

Directed by: Greg Nicotero
    Written by: Story by : Jim Barnes & Eli Jorné & Corey Reed; Teleplay by : Corey Reed

United States
    This should be the premier of season 11 and here we are all these months later getting a single episode just to wait again lol.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    This should be the premier of season 11 and here we are all these months later getting a single episode just to wait again lol.
    Although, we will be getting a sort of mini-season / tag-on season of a few extra episodes, which apparently they're now filming. We might get to see those earlier next year, and then the show will get back onto its usual production schedule (hopefully!!!) for season 11 proper.

And I'll give World Beyond a go, although it really looks 50/50 to me. I do worry that there'll be too many 'idiotic teenager' moments where they just defy in-world logic or prior training and just act like morons, as teenagers always seem to do in almost every damn thing.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Although, we will be getting a sort of mini-season / tag-on season of a few extra episodes, which apparently they're now filming. We might get to see those earlier next year, and then the show will get back onto its usual production schedule (hopefully!!!) for season 11 proper.

And I'll give World Beyond a go, although it really looks 50/50 to me. I do worry that there'll be too many 'idiotic teenager' moments where they just defy in-world logic or prior training and just act like morons, as teenagers always seem to do in almost every damn thing.
    Isn’t the premise of the new show that the teens have no training or experience of the outside world due to being locked in at the start of the ZA? Haven’t really followed the series much outside of the SDCC panel.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Isn’t the premise of the new show that the teens have no training or experience of the outside world due to being locked in at the start of the ZA? Haven’t really followed the series much outside of the SDCC panel.
    On the Talking Dead 'TWD universe' preview special they said that the teens will have been given training and classes (i.e. what a zombie is, how the basically function, and academics on how to defend yourself with some physical classes - but it's all within the safety of closed walls, so none of it will have been put into practise) ... that's what it seems to be ... but there'll be a need, no doubt, to get these silly teens into some scrape, so no doubt all their training will be for nought. There would no doubt be a rude awakening going from academics to realities, but that can very easily lead to annoying viewing experience ... which is my main concern with World Beyond. I'd like for that not to be the case, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we have 'stupid overload' for certain characters.

Super Moderator

UK
    Checked out the episode last night - I enjoyed it.

Of course, all of the tension and build up that had been, well, built up leading into that episode back in March is all lost, so the episode can't help but feel a bit anti-climactic because of the unintended SIX MONTH wait, but it was still a good episode with some quite tense moments.

It's not really all wham bam action, it's more simmering tension on a grand scale, but with works.

Beta's demise ... the actual death was cool, but the fight beforehand was too short. Considering his size I wanted a big old ruck, but it was over pretty quick. Still, though, the style of his death was pretty nifty.

Administrator

England
    Not aired in the UK for a few more days yet
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Not aired in the UK for a few more days yet

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Pretty meh episode really.

And I still hate that zombie camo nonsense. It never ceases to be stupid.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    And I still hate that zombie camo nonsense. It never ceases to be stupid.
    They're going down that road again? UGH.

I've about lost all interest in these shows. I will watch 'till the end, but TWD really hasn't been that good in a long time. Watching reruns yesterday reminded me of that.

Rising

United States
    Seems like they defeated Beta, the Whisperers and the zombie horde too easily. Most of the infiltrators weren't even wearing face masks, like the Whisperers were, so it was actually them who would have been the easy targets for the Whisperers mixed up among the crowd of zombies. Pretty disappointing and not very logical end of the season.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Seems like they defeated Beta, the Whisperers and the zombie horde too easily. Most of the infiltrators weren't even wearing face masks, like the Whisperers were, so it was actually them who would have been the easy targets for the Whisperers mixed up among the crowd of zombies. Pretty disappointing and not very logical end of the season.
    1) They didn't have enough masks at their disposal - two, at most, and Lydia had one (her mother's mask).
    2) You've also got to think in terms of filmmaking - we need to be able to see the characters and differentiate them for our benefit from the mass of walkers. It's a bit of a cheat, but sometimes you have to do these things in order to allow the viewer to follow what's going on.
    3) It was kept pretty tight - in amongst that many bodies, you'd only be able to spot someone when you're already pretty close to them.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    1) They didn't have enough masks at their disposal - two, at most, and Lydia had one (her mother's mask).
    2) You've also got to think in terms of filmmaking - we need to be able to see the characters and differentiate them for our benefit from the mass of walkers. It's a bit of a cheat, but sometimes you have to do these things in order to allow the viewer to follow what's going on.
    3) It was kept pretty tight - in amongst that many bodies, you'd only be able to spot someone when you're already pretty close to them.
    Also, they seemed to have learned from Gabriel’s mistake of splattering Walker blood all over their faces.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    They're going down that road again? UGH.

I've about lost all interest in these shows. I will watch 'till the end, but TWD really hasn't been that good in a long time. Watching reruns yesterday reminded me of that.
    Yep. They doing that crap again. It has to be one of the worst Get Out Of Jail cards I've ever seen. It's been eye rolling since S01.

I really haven't cared too much about the show since Rick left and the Whisperers storyline is absolute pants, both in the comic and the TV show. I think it's just run out of steam really. There's too many characters that I just couldn't give a toss about and the worse thing is they keep adding to them. That annoying bitch in the purple coat...jesus. I know they're trying to reach for quirky and offbeat, but they're only getting irritating and stupid.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....