Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead: Season 6...

Super Moderator

UK

Fear The Walking Dead: Season 6...

Alright folks, the sixth season of FearTWD is upon us - have at your chat here.

However, do try to keep spoilers inside 'spoiler tags' as this thread will cover the whole of season six.

Super Moderator

UK
    Finally gave the first episode a look - it was pretty good ... ... mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if it gradually slumps downwards again over the course of the seasons as it has done that more than one.

Still, the bounty hunter character was cool, and even with FearTWD's various problems it absolutely shits all over World Beyond, to put it quite bluntly.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. One of the best of the past couple seasons. My only real complaint was the bounty hunter was killed so early in the season. He was a really cool character that would have been fun to watch throughout the season.
    Last edited by Suicycho; 18-Oct-2020 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Misspelling.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicycho View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. One of the best of the past couple seasons. My only real complaint was the bounty hunter was killed so early in the season. He was a really cool character that would have been fun to watch throughout the season.
    It's one of those things, isn't it? Either a good villain is around way too long, or they're blink and you miss 'em.

Episode 2 was alright, as well.

United States
    Episode 2 was fine, had some good character moments for my boy Strand. I thought the ending was awesome. Daniel got me lol.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Episode 2 was fine, had some good character moments for my boy Strand. I thought the ending was awesome. Daniel got me lol.
    Can't be doing with Alicia, I've never got along with that character for some reason, just rubs me up the wrong way ... and all that shite about painting trees just really rubbed me up the wrong way, and that asinine gun barrel 'weapon'.

Anyway ... I know they have to create a dangerous situation, but their plan to take out the zombies was a bit iffy, as if made worse so it would specifically go wrong. You put the nervous nelly on door duty? You use flimsy plastic crates for the side walls before it gets into the trailer? The trailer is steel and safely holds the walkers, so why not use those spears to kill them inside the trailer rather than riskily letting them out and dragging them away?

Of course, if it all just went brilliantly it would be boring, but at the same time ... try and manufacture a better way for the situation to go wrong. Something that couldn't be forseen by the characters, something which isn't a flaw that could arguably be seen when planning it, etc...

Daniel's always worth watching. Ruben Blades rules.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Can't be doing with Alicia, I've never got along with that character for some reason, just rubs me up the wrong way ... and all that shite about painting trees just really rubbed me up the wrong way, and that asinine gun barrel 'weapon'.

Anyway ... I know they have to create a dangerous situation, but their plan to take out the zombies was a bit iffy, as if made worse so it would specifically go wrong. You put the nervous nelly on door duty? You use flimsy plastic crates for the side walls before it gets into the trailer? The trailer is steel and safely holds the walkers, so why not use those spears to kill them inside the trailer rather than riskily letting them out and dragging them away?

Of course, if it all just went brilliantly it would be boring, but at the same time ... try and manufacture a better way for the situation to go wrong. Something that couldn't be forseen by the characters, something which isn't a flaw that could arguably be seen when planning it, etc...

Daniel's always worth watching. Ruben Blades rules.
    Lol yeah pretty spot on assessment. Kinda gave me Day of the Dead vibes; the one guy on a verge of a mental breakdown given a very important job right down to the gun fire massacre of the Zeds.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    OK... I'm going to start watching Season 6...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Episode 3 was generally good, although there was too much 'stop and talk about something for a few minutes / right, we'd better get moving / go to a new room / let's stop and talk about something for a few minutes'...

The notion of having the plague come back, albeit in a more localised form, was quite neat - as were the plague-infected zombies. But...

Oh wow - a whole box of medicine sat there on the roof that'll sort the plague right out, how convenient!!!

The end of the episode...

Cool that Dwight's lady is back, but feels a bit too convenient/coincidental? I know he's been searching all this time, but within the confines of the episode at least it felt a bit too convenient. She just so happens to see the flare that was shot from the rooftop of the office building, which just so happens to be where our characters are located.

United States
    Don’t bring me down, MZ! I’m loving FTWD and I’ll take the minor conveniences over the boring World Beyond anytime! (Are we not allowed to talk about episode spoilers in this thread?)

Btw, I do agree with your complaints, though. But I don’t care, I loved the ending! Lol

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    3 episodes in and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Moon - yeah, you can talk about spoilers, but probably best to put them in "spoiler tags" for anyone who isn't up-to-date on the episodes.

United States
    Moon - yeah, you can talk about spoilers, but probably best to put them in "spoiler tags" for anyone who isn't up-to-date on the episodes.
    Alright cool, it’s just we never had to use em for the other TWD thread. Works for me!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Alright cool, it’s just we never had to use em for the other TWD thread. Works for me!
    The TWD threads are all individual threads for each individual episode - with FearTWD I've just done it as a single thread for the entire 6th season.

It's just in case anyone's an episode behind and accidentally stumbles on something they haven't seen yet that could be a big twist or death or anything like that, or even just a cool bit, or a silly bit etc...

United States
    The TWD threads are all individual threads for each individual episode - with FearTWD I've just done it as a single thread for the entire 6th season.

It's just in case anyone's an episode behind and accidentally stumbles on something they haven't seen yet that could be a big twist or death or anything like that, or even just a cool bit, or a silly bit etc...

Makes sense!