Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seems they're currently filming Kenobi down the hill from me...

Administrator

England

Seems they're currently filming Kenobi down the hill from me...

Seems they're using a lake down the hill from me as a location for Ewan McGregor's Kenobi series...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Being Attacked

United States
    I am envious. I'd sneak a peek if possible. Well you don't have to, but I would lol

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Glad to hear they're managing a few shoots in the UK! Good for the business. Hope they take all necessary precautions, but a show like that no doubt is.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Glad to hear they're managing a few shoots in the UK! Good for the business. Hope they take all necessary precautions, but a show like that no doubt is.
    Necessary precautions being to keep a mob of females away from Ewan?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Necessary precautions being to keep a mob of females away from Ewan?
    Well, if it's a mob then surely it's a potential super-spread event...

Ireland
    Go down there Neil and demand a part.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Seems they're using a lake down the hill from me as a location for Ewan McGregor's Kenobi series...
    So it could be said that you have the high ground?

Last edited by bassman; 25-Oct-2020 at 06:08 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    A friend who works at Pinewood says they're preparing to start filming there. So given Pinewood is near me, it's surprising they're using an exterior shooting location nearby...
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    A friend who works at Pinewood says they're preparing to start filming there. So given Pinewood is near me, it's surprising they're using an exterior shooting location nearby...
    I'd say that highly unsurprising, though?

Maybe it's a two day shoot and they can't be arsed to build a lake indoors...

Administrator

England
    Star Wars bosses leave residents furious after building huge set in sleepy village - https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...dents-furious/

-Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Speaking as a producer - what if it rains? as it often does in England, no?

Administrator

England
    Jedis don't got umbrellas?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Jedis don't got umbrellas?

Well, I'd imagine they'd just go inside and shoot a different scene instead, but they'd also keep a close eye on weather reports (even with their iffy accuracy). Sometimes, if the rain isn't so bad, you just film in it like they do on The Walking Dead sometimes.

I'd imagine they'd have also thought about drainage for the set, too, so any rainfall would disappear swiftly on the ground ... more than I can say for the berks who laid the new tarmac on a road near me. The camber runs away from the nearest drains, so even a normal rainfall causes half the feckin' road to flood over. Morons.

Administrator

England
    Hopefully when shooting has completed, it'll be possible to 'sneak' in to the location to have a wander...

Star Wars bosses leave residents furious after building huge set in sleepy village - https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...dents-furious/

Just off the left of that shot is where Scary Spice used to live, long before she 'met' Eddie Murphie
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Still, if that's supposed to be Tatooine. Rain makes mud.
    I don't know, just doesn't seem practical...