Thread: It looks like they are going to milk the Halloween franchise some more

United States

It looks like they are going to milk the Halloween franchise some more

"Halloween Kills" appears to be already filmed but not released yet.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10665338/?ref_=tt_mv_close
    https://variety.com/2020/film/news/j...ls-1234819110/

"Halloween Ends" appears to be in development.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10665342/?ref_=tt_sims_tt
    https://screenrant.com/halloween-end...granddaughter/

They claim that'll be the last one. I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Administrator

England
    Hmmm... Risks getting tired!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Well, this'll be a trilogy, sure - but if there are any more Halloween movies in the future then it'll no doubt be outside of that continuity, like another reboot or something ... but yeah, after these next couple of movies, they should just leave it be.

Halloween (2018) was excellent, picking up where the 1978 film left off, so I'm interested to see the two follow-ups. Hopefully they don't screw the pooch and maintain the quality without getting silly.

Ireland
    Thought the last one was pretty poor myself.

For me, it's 'Halloween' and 'Halloween II'.

And I just cannot bring myself to hate 'Halloween III'. In fact, it may be getting an outing tonight. LOL.

Now, shut up, sit back, and go mad humming this rubbish all day...

It gets good around the 4 hour mark.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    I have Halloween (2018) sitting on the shelf, but I haven't watched it yet. Tonight might be an appropriate time for it.

As for H3, like most, I hated it the first time I saw it because Meyers wasn't in it. Now I accept it for what it is, and it is actually a decent movie.

Halloween 1 and 2 are my favorites (obviously), 4 and H20 are decent, 5 and Curse of MM are pretty bad, and Resurrection is just cringe worthy shit.

I haven't watched the Rob Zombie versions, and from the reviews and clips I have seen about them, I have no intentions of ever doing so.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah. I had no interest in seeing Halloween III for the longest time because it didn't have Michael Myers in it, but when I finally watched it I was pleasantly surprised. I've not seen it again since, but it was a fun flick and still had that Carpenter/Cundey look/feel/sound, which was really appealing.

There's an episode of the "How Did This Get Made?" podcast all about H3 that's worth a listen.

I never really thought much of Halloween 4, 5, or 6. They just got sillier and more 'basic slasher' as they went on, and the masks ... woof ... the Myers masks just looked terrible. H20 was good for its time, although in hindsight you can see the influence of Scream and the 'Miramax genre flick aimed at teens/twenties' machine at work. Resurrection is pure garbage.

Rob Zombie's remakes - yeah, beat_truck, you'll hate them no doubt - but I've always been a fan of the 2007 remake. It's totally different from JC's original, which is naturally best by a long way, but I really do enjoy RZ's remake. I even quite enjoy H2, which was a bit of a mess. In both cases the Director's Cuts are the superior versions.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I enjoyed the last one. It wasn’t perfect and I hated the lazy title choice, but it was fun enough and felt connected to the original as much as it could be. I’ll check out the next two, but I’m not expected anything revolutionary.

United States
    I still haven't watched the last one, but if it is decent, I will probably see the next two as well.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I never really thought much of Halloween 4, 5, or 6. They just got sillier and more 'basic slasher' as they went on, and the masks ... woof ... the Myers masks just looked terrible. H20 was good for its time, although in hindsight you can see the influence of Scream and the 'Miramax genre flick aimed at teens/twenties' machine at work. Resurrection is pure garbage.
    I think it would actually have been a better franchise if Carpenter had had his way and made each Halloween movie about a different topic, like he and Deborah Hill intended.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Halloween 3 is so underrated.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Loved the last one. So yes, please!