Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Second Sight Dawn of the Dead 4k Ultra HD Limited Edition Set

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, I've heard that Zavvi's customer service is less than stellar. I've not had any issues ordering from them myself, but Zavvi is a UK company so that probably helps. However, I've only used them a few times as HMV and Amazon are better value by comparison with better websites.

I'd be surprised if Rubenstein wasn't shopping around Dawn for a US release of a similar magnitude over there in the USA, or some company over there is trying to do some kind of port of our release over to your shores.

Ireland
    Will there be a non Limited edition of this put out in the future?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Will there be a non Limited edition of this put out in the future?
    I would have thought so, a version with just the main discs (movie and extra features) - i.e. no books, CDs, or fancy packaging. Not sure if there's any official word yet.

United States
    Ordered mine from Zavvi first day of release. It’s December 30th and still nothing. Customer service sucks. They don’t communicate. I charged back on my Visa card. Fuck em

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Surely Amazon UK can ship to the US?
    Get an all region capable DVD player. I got one so I could get DVD versions of some of the BBC shows from the 70s. If you get an all region player it won't matter if the DVD was intended to play on Arrakis, it'll play on Earth.
    Last edited by Mike70; 31-Dec-2020 at 05:26 AM. Reason: s
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by mike70 View Post
    get an all region capable dvd player. I got one so i could get dvd versions of some of the bbc shows from the 70s. If you get an all region player it won't matter if the dvd was intended to play on arrakis, it'll play on earth.
    d v d ?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    Ordered mine from Zavvi first day of release. It’s December 30th and still nothing. Customer service sucks. They don’t communicate. I charged back on my Visa card. Fuck em
    Yep. I still don't have mine. And I'm on day 18 of dealing with the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. Never again, Zavvi!

Here's a brief synopsis of my nightmare:

-Zavvi didn't supply tracking info for anyone. Told me to contact them December 13th if I didn't receive my package. I should have seen the red flag right from the start, with this.

-After I contacted Dec 13, they took 4 days to give me their initial response.

-Nearly every response has taken at least 72 hours to receive (despite me responding very promptly to each message) and has been signed by a different customer service rep, meaning I've been passed around between 6 people rather than 1 person handling my case.

-They've asked me for my address FOUR TIMES "to confirm your order" despite my initial message containing my address, my initial order containing my address, my account containing my address, and me complying every damn time they ask for my address!

-They've made me fill out a "lost goods" form that looks like something their warehouse employees should be filling out, TWICE.

-They asked me to go around to all my neighbors and ask them if they received my package at any point in time.

-After they finally obliged to send me a replacement - which took until yesterday for them to agree to - I asked them to give me a tracking number this time so we can avoid a repeat of this fiasco, and they responded telling me that providing me with tracking info would be "amending" my order and that is not something they can do, so I can cancel the replacement if I wish to do so!!!? WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

Absolute horse shit for customer service. This is my favorite movie of all-time. This year has been absolute shit. I just wanted this box set to end my year on a good note. Of course 2020 managed to screw me over one last time.

Okay, I'm done venting. Thank you for attending my seminar - there are refreshments in the back.
    Last edited by MikePizzoff; 31-Dec-2020 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Forgot a detail

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Yep. I still don't have mine. And I'm on day 18 of dealing with the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. Never again, Zavvi!

Here's a brief synopsis of my nightmare:

-Zavvi didn't supply tracking info for anyone. Told me to contact them December 13th if I didn't receive my package. I should have seen the red flag right from the start, with this.

-After I contacted Dec 13, they took 4 days to give me their initial response.

-Nearly every response has taken at least 72 hours to receive (despite me responding very promptly to each message) and has been signed by a different customer service rep, meaning I've been passed around between 6 people rather than 1 person handling my case.

-They've asked me for my address FOUR TIMES "to confirm your order" despite my initial message containing my address, my initial order containing my address, my account containing my address, and me complying every damn time they ask for my address!

-They've made me fill out a "lost goods" form that looks like something their warehouse employees should be filling out, TWICE.

-They asked me to go around to all my neighbors and ask them if they received my package at any point in time.

-After they finally obliged to send me a replacement - which took until yesterday for them to agree to - I asked them to give me a tracking number this time so we can avoid a repeat of this fiasco, and they responded telling me that providing me with tracking info would be "amending" my order and that is not something they can do, so I can cancel the replacement if I wish to do so!!!? WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

Absolute horse shit for customer service. This is my favorite movie of all-time. This year has been absolute shit. I just wanted this box set to end my year on a good note. Of course 2020 managed to screw me over one last time.

Okay, I'm done venting. Thank you for attending my seminar - there are refreshments in the back.
    Pretty much my story with them also. And yeah, I just wanted the goods to enjoy after a very shitty year. Zavvi fucking blows. Never again

Ireland
    Where are Zavvi based? They sound like a nightmare.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Where are Zavvi based? They sound like a nightmare.
    They're a British company, right? They obviously do ship abroad, but they're not really properly kitted out for that, it kinda seems...

I've only ordered from them a couple of times and while I didn't have any issues, they also feel like a bit of a small time operation compared to the likes of HMV.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I've ordered from Zavvi several times without a hitch.

Shame it had to go south this time around.

United States
    Why can’t the extended cut ever get the same love that the theatrical cut gets as far as sound transfer. Extended never gets the 5.1 sound. Doesn’t make sense

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    Why can’t the extended cut ever get the same love that the theatrical cut gets as far as sound transfer. Extended never gets the 5.1 sound. Doesn’t make sense
    Huh? The Second Sight edition contain a new scan of the Extended Cut? *confused*

EDIT: Oh I see what you mean "DTS-HD Master Audio 1.0 Mono"
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Huh? The Second Sight edition contain a new scan of the Extended Cut? *confused*

EDIT: Oh I see what you mean "DTS-HD Master Audio 1.0 Mono"
    Well after all the bitching about Zavvi that laid out here over the past week my package came yesterday, a month late but it showed up. Anyway, the extended cut does not have the 5.1 sound but the theatrical one does

Ireland
    Mono is the original audio as designed by the original sound designer in 1978. There are purists who would be giving out if it wasn't mono.

The 5.1 mix was never in the original film in the first place, so it's purely an enhancement done for the home market.

I'm on the fence about 5.1 remixes for Blu Ray releases myself. Sometimes they can be ok. Sometimes they can be terrible, al la 'Jaws', who's original (mono/stereo) audio mix is a far meatier affair. The 5.1 mix sounds sparse and light by comparison. The original audio just sounds better and "right". The 5.1 remix sounds completely artificial.