Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Second Sight Dawn of the Dead 4k Ultra HD Limited Edition Set

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

They haven't announced it yet, but I'd guess it'd be the three versions of the movie plus the extra features disc and that's all.

I'd presume that the three soundtrack CDs, the two books, and the super duper packaging would be Limited Edition only.

So if you do want that LE version, crack on before they soon run out.
    Again, can't justify £80
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    They haven't announced it yet, but I'd guess it'd be the three versions of the movie plus the extra features disc and that's all.

I'd presume that the three soundtrack CDs, the two books, and the super duper packaging would be Limited Edition only.

So if you do want that LE version, crack on before they soon run out.

Well, I read the novelisation years ago and it was shite. The soundtrack I can listen to any time on YouTube. I'm listening to it right now. Most of the documentaries I've either seen or will know the information they contain already. And pffft to packaging.

All I want really is the film in its best possible condition.

So, the non LE will do me just fine and I can spend the rest in the pub...

...oh wait!
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Well, I read the novelisation years ago and it was shite. The soundtrack I can listen to any time on YouTube. I'm listening to it right now. Most of the documentaries I've either seen or will know the information they contain already. And pffft to packaging.

All I want really is the film in its best possible condition.

So, the non LE will do me just fine and I can spend the rest in the pub...

...oh wait
    !
    LOL!! You win the internet today for that
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Offically announced standard 4-disc edition Blu-Ray:

https://secondsightfilms.co.uk/colle...OuSRTOXElRUVMc

Release Date: 22nd March 2021

Price: £24.99

Also on 4K UHD, same release date, and the price will be £29.99

https://secondsightfilms.co.uk/colle...he-dead-4k-uhd

BLU-RAY DISC 1: THE THEATRICAL CUT

New 4K scan and restoration of the Original Camera Negative by Second Sight at Final Frame New York and London supervised and approved by DoP Michael Gornick
    Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 1.0 Mono - New restoration of the original OCN Optical / DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
    Commentary by George A Romero, Tom Savini, Christine Forrest
    NEW commentary by Travis Crawford
    New optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired

BLU-RAY DISC 2 – THE EXTENDED (‘CANNES’) CUT

Produced using 4K scan of the Theatrical Cut Original Camera Negative and 4K scan of the Extended Cut Colour Reversal Internegative
    DTS-HD Master Audio 1.0 Mono
    Commentary by Richard P Rubinstein

BLU-RAY DISC 3 – THE ARGENTO CUT

4K scan of the Interpositive by Michele De Angelis at Backlight Digital, Rome
    Audio: DT-HD Master Audio Mono 1.0 / Surround 5.1 / Stereo 2.0
    Commentary by Ken Foree, Scott Reiniger, Gaylen Ross, David Emge

BLU-RAY DISC 4: SPECIAL FEATURES

NEW Zombies and Bikers with John Amplas, Roy Frumkes, Tom Savini, Christine Forrest, Tom Dubensky, Tony Buba, Taso Stavrakis and a whole host of zombies and bikers! (59 mins)
    NEW Memories of Monroeville
    A tour of the mall with Michael Gornick, Tom Savini, Tom Dubensky and Taso Stavrakis (34 mins)
    NEW Raising the Dead: The Production Logistics
    With Michael Gornick, Christine Forrest, John Amplas, Tom Dubensky (23 mins)
    NEW The FX of Dawn with Tom Savini (13 mins)
    NEW Dummies! Dummies! – An interview with Richard France (12 mins)
    NEW The Lost Romero Dawn Interview: previously unreleased archive interview (20 mins)
    Super 8 Mall Footage by zombie extra Ralph Langer with option of archive commentary by Robert Langer and new commentary by Ralph Langer (13 mins)
    Document of the Dead: The Extended (85 mins)
    Document of the Dead: The Definitive Cut with optional commentary by Roy Frumkes (100 mins)
    The Dead Will Walk 2014 Documentary (80 mins)
    Trailers, TV and Radio Spots (TBC)
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 15-Jan-2021 at 05:08 PM.

United States
    forgive me for being out of the loop, but has there been any word of a release on my side of the pond?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    forgive me for being out of the loop, but has there been any word of a release on my side of the pond?
    Not yet. But if there's a fresh 4k scan of all three cuts it's almost a certainty it'll be picked up by someone in the US fairly soon. Maybe even Criterion?

Administrator

England
    Offically announced standard 4-disc edition Blu-Ray:

https://secondsightfilms.co.uk/colle...OuSRTOXElRUVMc

Release Date: 22nd March 2021

Price: £24.99

Also on 4K UHD, same release date, and the price will be £29.99

https://secondsightfilms.co.uk/colle...he-dead-4k-uhd

£30 I can live with
    -Carl Sagan

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Holy shit, my box set just showed up! It came from Thailand... bizarre...

Ireland
    Good to hear.

But the shipping warehouse being different to the country where the site is (allegedly) based is pretty common. I've ordered stuff online in the UK and US and the actual item was shipped from elsewhere.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Maybe it came via Thailand? I've seen reports from other folks that have had weird delivery routes for their items, too.

Anyway - good that it's turned up - enjoy the set, it's bodacious!

Fresh Meat

Aaland

Dawn of the Dead - 4K UHD Limited Box Set (New Remastering)

cult classic finally remastered to 4K by Second Sight. It’s amazing sets with all available cuts of the film and many bonuses. Packing is nice, especially the box itself with sturdy and well made cardboard. Consistency of artworks between digipack and books is great, but there are also 2 major disappointments. First of all same artwork on 2 digipacks and lack of pictures/arts under the discs leave the feeling that it’s rushed into production without final touches. It was delayed many times and there was plenty of time to make it perfect. Anyway it’s the best set up to date for this film without any doubts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dNfapxLVYU

England
    I moved recently so I've been waiting until I got my new setup sorted before I jumped back in with this set.
    I've got a Dolby Atmos set up now and I have to say the 5.1 mix on the Theatrical cut is very disappointing. What was the point? There's hardly any surround

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still astonished at the picture quality ����
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I've got a Dolby Atmos set up now and I have to say the 5.1 mix on the Theatrical cut is very disappointing. What was the point? There's hardly any surround
    The film was never made with surround sound, though, so it'd just be a cobbled together mix after-the-fact, and those never work, for me at least. All the additional new sound effects stand out like sore thumbs and are really distracting (e.g. smashing glass in Jaws, the awful replacement gun sound effects in The Terminator).

I hate audio track remixes. Just clean up what's there and present it as it was presented before (or take a mono track and make it stereo but nothing more).