Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Chronological Possibilities with all the Spinoffs?

Rising

United States
    I read the original Day script many years ago, and I don't find these claims that it resembles more Land than Day to hold water. Land revolves a lot around the armored vehicle, which becomes the object of several main characters' desire to possess (each one wanting to control it in order to be able to fulfill their own interests), an element which is totally lacking in the original Day script. That's just one example of huge differences between that script and Land. The original Day script has obviously more to do with Day than with Land. For example, an important element in the original script is the "training" of zombies to "behave", which, once again, is totally lacking in Land but still a very important element in the "reduced scale" version of Day that was actually filmed.
    Last edited by JDP; 04-Dec-2020 at 04:11 PM. Reason: ;

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    I read the original Day script many years ago, and I don't find these claims that it resembles more Land than Day to hold water. Land revolves a lot around the armored vehicle, which becomes the object of several main characters' desire to possess (each one wanting to control it in order to be able to fulfill their own interests), an element which is totally lacking in the original Day script. That's just one example of huge differences between that script and Land. The original Day script has obviously more to do with Day than with Land. For example, an important element in the original script is the "training" of zombies to "behave", which, once again, is totally lacking in Land but still a very important element in the "reduced scale" version of Day that was actually filmed.
    Yeah, but the world building is all Land. And in the original Day script the "trained zombies" have been put into practice by the city itself - even by the military. In the finished film it's Logan's pet experiment to which the military is vehemently opposed.

It's got a little bit of both, agree, but the idea of a societal enclave in a sea of undead - rebuilding a semblance of society - is obviously Land.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 04-Dec-2020 at 09:45 PM. Reason: cdssdf

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Yeah, but the world building is all Land. And in the original Day script the "trained zombies" have been put into practice by the city itself - even by the military. In the finished film it's Logan's pet experiment to which the military is vehemently opposed.

It's got a little bit of both, agree, but the idea of a societal enclave in a sea of undead - rebuilding a semblance of society - is obviously Land.
    Therein lies one of the biggest faults with Land - the society is a thinly veiled take on our own culture. It's not deep. It's not fleshed out. It's not a satisfying as a cultural representation of a post-apoc society. It's all a carbon copy. Even the idiotic use of US paper money. Asinine and one of the major reasons, among many, that Land is a dud.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Being Attacked

United States
    Originally I thought we were talking about the new remakes like Day of the dead and DOTD:Bloodline lol