Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMA: I Saw Romero's Lost Film Amusement Park

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    I haven't seen Season of the Witch since I was in my teens around 20+ years ago. I HATED it. I have it, but I doubt I will ever watch it again. There's Always Vanilla was a turd too, but I did get slightly more out of it. Seeing shots of Pittsburgh and picking out the folks involved in making NOTLD were honestly the most interesting things about it, though. The fact that the beautiful Judith Ridley starred in it made it a little better, too.

I'm sure I will give The Amusement Park a watch eventually. I don't have super high hopes for it, but it does look kind of interesting.
    You should give Season of the Witch another go, then. 20+ years of life might give you a different take on it, or you might get something more out of it. I certainly found that myself.

I presume that The Amusement Park will be coming to Shudder in the UK as well - I just re-signed up for it last night (they're having a 99p per month for 3 months offer at the moment, which runs until June 22nd).

Super Moderator

UK
    I watched "The Amusement Park" the other day - it's worth checking out for Romero fans.

It's kind of a mix between a PSA about the plight of the elderly in 1970s America and a horror movie, as the day spent at the theme park gets progressively weirder and more ostracising - at times it makes for quite uncomfortable viewing.

Romero pops up at one point in a scene on the dodgems about car traffic accidents, and Mike Gornick appears as part of a couple who visit a fortune teller and see how hopeless their golden years will be.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 14-Jun-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I just watched this today. While both the style and substance are on point, it's kinda dull and not really suspenseful. More of an artfilm really.