Thread: NOTLD reunion interview from 1992 than some may not have seen

United States

NOTLD reunion interview from 1992 than some may not have seen

I was just reliving my childhood, watching old Joe Bob Briggs stuff on Youtube, and came across this. Nothing earth shattering but I think it was one of the only interviews with Keith Wayne, and he died not long after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRaNwBMoES4
    Last edited by beat_truck; 10-Dec-2020 at 10:08 PM. Reason: fu

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Thank you for this. I'm gonna throw this on later when I'm in my home fixing. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's nothing that strikes my nostalgic nerve as much as watching or listening to old cast/crew reunions from the original Night.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Thank you for this. I'm gonna throw this on later when I'm in my home fixing. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's nothing that strikes my nostalgic nerve as much as watching or listening to old cast/crew reunions from the original Night.
    No problem. I like them, too. There are a quite a few videos with original cast and crew on YT.

Administrator

England
    That was great. Thanks!

Sad to think Wayne (Hartman) died about 3yrs after this by suicide

ps: That 90s hair is epic!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Sad to think Wayne (Hartman) died about 3yrs after this by suicide

ps: That 90s hair is epic!
    1) Do we know any possible reasons why he committed suicide? As you say, so sad to think that, especially as he seemed quite happy on the clip - but that's so often the case, someone projecting a happy and positive outer image, but inside they're anything but or something terrible is brewing.

2) Yeah, on a lighter note, Savini was really rocking that stylised mullet!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    1) Do we know any possible reasons why he committed suicide? As you say, so sad to think that, especially as he seemed quite happy on the clip - but that's so often the case, someone projecting a happy and positive outer image, but inside they're anything but or something terrible is brewing.
    Don't recall so.

I remember his son contacting me many years ago, without checking I don't think he went it to the cause of the suicide. One can only imagine depression or something along those lines.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan