Thread: Day of the Dead Steele Actor Gary Klar Passes Away

Fresh Meat

United States

Day of the Dead Steele Actor Gary Klar Passes Away

Hoped to be getting some needed good news for the new year. But Mr. Klar has passed away from ALS.

Administrator

England
    Biggest piece of meat in the cave!

More here - https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...r-passed-away/
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    RIP Mr Klar.

United States
    Damn he was from my hometown too. Seemed like an awesome guy. RIP, soldier.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 02-Jan-2021 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Biggest meat in the cave.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Wow. This really came as sad news.

As chance would have it, I was working on an art preservation project where a part of it was trying to highlight the work of the actors, including Gary Klahr.

Anyways, for fun I had done a fanedit of a scene he was in months ago. It was my tribute to this asskicking undead killing machine. I always thought he stole the show in "Day of the Dead". IMHO.

In any case, for what it is worth, please enjoy my tribute of him here:

FYI- Since I'm in-touch with Klahr's family (since the original plan was to work with Mr.Klahr in some sense, and I've been in touch with them on and off for months) I would ask that if you do NOT like what I've done here then please do NOT leave any negative remarks here OR on the youtube clip that I did, out for respect for Klahr's family who are grieving this loss. IF I suddenly see a dozen downvotes, then I think that would be a mean thing to do since I had personally sent a link of this video to Mr.Klahr months ago. His family and friends may occasionally visit this video, and I don't want them to feel trolled, etc.

This death was completely unexpected, and, was heartbreaking to say the least.

P.S. Incidentally, I couldn't find details on the cause of death in the news but I saw it was listed here. I'm not sure if that is appropriate, so whoever wrote that might want to consider removing that detail out of respect for the privacy of Mr.Klahr's family.

Take care guys!

R.I.P. Gary Howard Klahr (as Klar, in "Day of the Dead")

Fresh Meat

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLivingDead View Post
    Wow. This really came as sad news.

As chance would have it, I was working on an art preservation project where a part of it was trying to highlight the work of the actors, including Gary Klahr.

Anyways, for fun I had done a fanedit of a scene he was in months ago. It was my tribute to this asskicking undead killing machine. I always thought he stole the show in "Day of the Dead". IMHO.

In any case, for what it is worth, please enjoy my tribute of him here:

FYI- Since I'm in-touch with Klahr's family (since the original plan was to work with Mr.Klahr in some sense, and I've been in touch with them on and off for months) I would ask that if you do NOT like what I've done here then please do NOT leave any negative remarks here OR on the youtube clip that I did, out for respect for Klahr's family who are grieving this loss. IF I suddenly see a dozen downvotes, then I think that would be a mean thing to do since I had personally sent a link of this video to Mr.Klahr months ago. His family and friends may occasionally visit this video, and I don't want them to feel trolled, etc.

This death was completely unexpected, and, was heartbreaking to say the least.

P.S. Incidentally, I couldn't find details on the cause of death in the news but I saw it was listed here. I'm not sure if that is appropriate, so whoever wrote that might want to consider removing that detail out of respect for the privacy of Mr.Klahr's family.

Take care guys!

R.I.P. Gary Howard Klahr (as Klar, in "Day of the Dead")

This is awesome! Are you with the GAR? I'm a Pittsburgh guy myself and try to support it every chance I get.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by deadhead412 View Post
    This is awesome! Are you with the GAR? I'm a Pittsburgh guy myself and try to support it every chance I get.
    Thank you! I wish I could give you more info on my clandestine presence here haha...I guess it wouldn't be lying to say I'm not officially with the GAR. But obviously I'm connected in some sense to the community fostering that foundation.

And as for Mr. Klahr (as Klar, in DOD) I feel like he deserved a better tribute than he's been getting. He's feels a little forgotten with everything going on. Yet, Steele is one of the best characters from ALL of Romero's films IMHO. So there you have it. My little shout out.

Hope you enjoyed it! Cheers

United States
    I've been out of the loop lately and just now found out about his passing. This one hits hard.

RIP Mr. Klar
    "Reinforcements? I am the reinforcements."

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Just heard the news today, sad to saw the least. Last time I saw him was Weekend of the Dead in Manchester. He was a great guy and we talked quite a bit there.

United States
    I randomly started using the "biggest piece of meat in the cave" as an inside joke late last year. Seems like I may have been channeling some of Steel this whole time. Sad to hear I never got to meet him, but I hope he knew how many enjoyed his work.