Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad news about a member...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Heck, that fired up a couple of memory cells of mine... Didn't he use to go into some detail about his "trade" and what he'd encountered?
    Yes. He freaked me out with a number of stories of weird encounters. Pretty much inspired me to get cremated when the time comes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I hear you on that, especially as a kid when it came to waiting for Christmas so you could ask for the thing that you'd been obsessively wanting all year like the Megadrive! The five years I spent at secondary school seemed like an eternity whereas I joined the army six years ago and that's flown by in what feels like five minutes. Then there's seeing your favourite musicians and actors who have been prominent in the media for your entire life getting old, frail and dying off like the recently departed Sean Connery and the likes of Bowie, Lemmy, Eddie Van Halen etc
    I'm really, really into classic TV. I find myself wondering about who is and who isn't alive in a given episode of Star Trek or Kolchak. I'm always pleased when I find out that someone is still alive and going at like 90 or so.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    I'm really, really into classic TV. I find myself wondering about who is and who isn't alive in a given episode of Star Trek or Kolchak. I'm always pleased when I find out that someone is still alive and going at like 90 or so.
    Me too, Mike.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Lemmy
    This is a guy that I thought was going to outlive us all, even me! Shit, and it's in fact ALL the "classic lineup" members of Motörhead who are gone. "Fast" Eddie Clarke was the last one left, and he died some three years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

He freaked me out with a number of stories of weird encounters.
    Of the "paranormal" kind, or just of the "living people doing weird/improper shit" kind?

I'm afraid there's very few ones left from those shows. Of the Kolchak "regulars", Ruth McDevitt was the first one to die and Jack Grinnage is the only one who is still alive.
    Last edited by JDP; 25-Jan-2021 at 07:33 PM. Reason: ;

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    I'm afraid there's very few ones left from those shows. Of the Kolchak "regulars", Ruth McDevitt was the first one to die and Jack Grinnage is the only one who is still alive.
    More the guest stars. The chick in "The Werewolf" that I was hot for when I was a kid, Nita Talbot, is 90.

Yeah, I'm pretty much up on who is and who isn't alive as the main cast goes. I'm pretty deep into the classic TV scene.
    Last edited by Mike70; 26-Jan-2021 at 01:39 AM. Reason: c

Rising

United States
    More the guest stars. The chick in "The Werewolf" that I was hot for when I was a kid, Nita Talbot, is 90.

Yeah, I'm pretty much up on who is and who isn't alive as the main cast goes. I'm pretty deep into the classic TV scene.
    Are you also into the "they recycled him/her" thing on the old shows? For example, Three's Company "recycled" Jeffrey Tambor 3 times! In one episode he played Cindy's millionaire boyfriend, in another one he played a doctor who is mistaken for a dangerous lunatic by Jack and Janet, and in yet another episode he played Terry's dentist boyfriend (and I am purposefully leaving aside the fact that he was also one of the main cast members on The Ropers spin-off!)
    Last edited by JDP; 26-Jan-2021 at 02:25 AM. Reason: ;

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I’ve been absent for a while, just now seeing this. Such sad news. Many, many great discussions with Yojimbo over the years.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I’ve been absent for a while, just now seeing this. Such sad news. Many, many great discussions with Yojimbo over the years.
    Hell and yes. Yojimbo was active in the old chat room quite a bit.

Btw: glad to see you made it back from the Islands. Have any cigarettes left?

Super Moderator

United States
    Thanks for posting this, Kaos.

Even though we were in some of the same groups on Facebook and ‘friends’ on there, I had totally missed that this had happened. Yojimbo was, near as I could tell, a standup guy, and one of the kindest folks I met through hpotd. Goddamn.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Shit. Just seen this as well. I remember Yojimbo very well.
    52 is no age 🥺
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    I remember, Yojimbo. So sad to hear. RIP.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Btw: glad to see you made it back from the Islands. Have any cigarettes left?
    B4F517D8-9D33-4A87-A196-A288E4C991AA.jpg

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Sorry to come back here for the first time in years and see this. RIP, Yojimbo! He was my first friend on these forums after that feature was added.
    Last edited by Publius; 12-Jun-2021 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Cuz
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Super Moderator

Germany
    I just got word that Paul Blaise passed away. I have forgotten his handle here, but I am sure that some of you knew him on facebook forums. He was 53.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    I just got word that Paul Blaise passed away. I have forgotten his handle here, but I am sure that some of you knew him on facebook forums. He was 53.
    That wasn't Kortick, was it?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    53? Sheesh!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan