Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad news about a member...

Super Moderator

Germany

Sad news about a member...

I've relayed the news that Yojimbo passed away in October. He was a regular here at one time, and I am sure many of you knew him on a number of Romero facebook forums. I tell you, as some of you know I lost my brother in October, and although I just heard of this today 2020 somehow sucks more than it did yesterday.

RIP Steve...

Being Attacked

United States
    It makes me sad to hear about a loss of a family member. Whether family through a forum page, or blood: it's sad.
    I hope you start to feel better, 2020 has been one unfortunate year for almost everyone.

Stay Strong.

R.I.P Yojimbo

Administrator

England
    Yeh, he was active here about a decade or so ago.

Alas many of the folks here, given the age of the original films, are 50/60+ now... So...

Any idea as to the cause of death?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Sorry to hear that Kaos. I remember Yojimbo.

I think 2020 is a year we all want to stick behind us.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    I've relayed the news that Yojimbo passed away in October. He was a regular here at one time, and I am sure many of you knew him on a number of Romero facebook forums. I tell you, as some of you know I lost my brother in October, and although I just heard of this today 2020 somehow sucks more than it did yesterday.

RIP Steve...
    WHAT? That sucks, big time. I kept up contact with Steve in the real world for years and years. I hadn't talked to him in the last couple though. Steve was an awesome dude. He wasn't that old. I wonder what happened? Not Covid, I hope.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    Man, Yojimbo, now there's a name from back in the HPOTD Loom days I remembered seeing often in various discussions...

RIP Yojimbo.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Rest in peace, I remember him too.
    Sad to hear it.
    Honestly it doesn't seem all that long ago since we saw his name crop up here.

His last activity was on the 5th of May, 2013.
    His signature was actually a quote of mine. It read:

Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."
    He was 52 years old according to his profile. I still remember his avatar and everything. Miss him.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 20-Jan-2021 at 09:17 PM. Reason: fdsfsd

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Rest in peace, I remember him too.
    Sad to hear it.
    Honestly it doesn't seem all that long ago since we saw his name crop up here.

His last activity was on the 5th of May, 2013.
    His signature was actually a quote of mine. It read:

He was 52 years old according to his profile. I still remember his avatar and everything. Miss him.
    Steve was cool as fuck now that I've been thinking about some of the side convos we had. Steve was a Japanese-American and an undertaker by trade. If I remember rightly his kin were interred during WWII. He and I were both into Kurosawa films. That's one of the things we used to bs about. Damn.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    Steve was cool as fuck now that I've been thinking about some of the side convos we had. Steve was a Japanese-American and an undertaker by trade. If I remember rightly his kin were interred during WWII. He and I were both into Kurosawa films. That's one of the things we used to bs about. Damn.
    Heck, that fired up a couple of memory cells of mine... Didn't he use to go into some detail about his "trade" and what he'd encountered?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Damn, I remember him being a prominent poster back in the old days. RIP Yojimbo.

The older I get the more proof I find that time passes very quickly and life is very short. Losing my dad a few years back certainly hammered it home.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    The older I get the more proof I find that time passes very quickly and life is very short. Losing my dad a few years back certainly hammered it home.
    I still can't believe it's 5yrs since Bowie died!
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Damn, I remember him being a prominent poster back in the old days. RIP Yojimbo.

Hmmm...

I'm in my 40's now and it feels like time is pissing by. I talk about things with the Mrs. sometimes as if it was something that happened within the last few months and she's like "Ya feckin ejit, that was 5 bleedin years ago."

Gas to think that when I was in my teens, a year felt like it was forever. I could do one now standing on my head.
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 21-Jan-2021 at 01:46 PM. Reason: .
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    damn awful news. miss seeing him around here. dude was always a very positive guy who never said a bad thing about anyone or anything that I can recall.

after a few close friends and relatives have passed in the last few years, along with a few classmates and other acquaintances, as well as having a couple kids and recently hitting the big 4-0, the fact that life is precious and too damn short becomes more real and evident as time marches on. take care of yourselves my dudes and dudettes. make the most of every day and look out for your friends and family.

godspeed steve!

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Hmmm...

I'm in my 40's now and it feels like time is pissing by. I talk about things with the Mrs. sometimes as if it was something that happened within the last few months and she's like "Ya feckin ejit, that was 5 bleedin years ago."

Gas to think that when I was in my teens, a year felt like it was forever. I could do one now standing on my head.
    I hear you on that, especially as a kid when it came to waiting for Christmas so you could ask for the thing that you'd been obsessively wanting all year like the Megadrive! The five years I spent at secondary school seemed like an eternity whereas I joined the army six years ago and that's flown by in what feels like five minutes. Then there's seeing your favourite musicians and actors who have been prominent in the media for your entire life getting old, frail and dying off like the recently departed Sean Connery and the likes of Bowie, Lemmy, Eddie Van Halen etc

Administrator

England
    I hear you on that, especially as a kid when it came to waiting for Christmas so you could ask for the thing that you'd been obsessively wanting all year like the Megadrive! The five years I spent at secondary school seemed like an eternity whereas I joined the army six years ago and that's flown by in what feels like five minutes. Then there's seeing your favourite musicians and actors who have been prominent in the media for your entire life getting old, frail and dying off like the recently departed Sean Connery and the likes of Bowie, Lemmy, Eddie Van Halen etc
    The passing of celebrities is an odd thing. The death (suicide) of Robin Williams seemingly played a part with a friend of mine having a nervous breakdown. It was seemingly one of the straws that broke the camel's back...
    -Carl Sagan