Thread: The Batman (film)

Administrator

England

The Batman (film)

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I don't know what this film is supposed to treat us with that we haven't already been saturated with in the past 15 years.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I don't know what this film is supposed to treat us with that we haven't already been saturated with in the past 15 years.
    My thoughts as well... And TBH, surprised it's not a transgender black handicapped Bruce Wayne too...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    My thoughts as well... And TBH, surprised it's not a transgender black handicapped Bruce Wayne too...
    BWAHAHAHAHA! I too am at a loss as to what this movie could possibly offer. Been there...what like 3 times now? DC and Batman - get a grip on something beside your collective penises and do something else - like a version of "The Green Lantern" that doesn't make me want to shoot my grandma. Drop the frickin' hour long intros, jump in, and tell a damn story. DC almost lost its non-Batman pacifier with Wonder Woman.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As much as I like Matt Reeve’s films, I have to agree that it looks like more of the same hyper-reality stuff we’ve seen since Nolan’s trilogy.

At this point I just wish they would have the balls to make a batman with other-worldly elements. We’ve seen the “real” take, now give me a batman fighting Clayface, Man-Bat, Mr Freeze, or something new. If Marvel can make Guardians of the Galaxy work, there’s no reason Batman can’t live in a more fantastical world.

They came close with Batfleck. Sadly his time as the character hasn’t been in the best movies, though I liked the actor in the role.

But hey, they haven’t had a great Superman movie since Donner’s original, so I’m not sure WB has a clue how to handle all these characters. As Mike mentioned, Green Lantern should be a full-blown franchise at this point. It’s waiting to print them piles of cash, they just can’t get the right people for the job(s).
    Last edited by bassman; 07-Mar-2021 at 01:43 AM. Reason: .