Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else listen to vinyl?

United States
    I do I have my parent's vinyl albums and 45s. Listen to them a lot since they passed away.

United States
    Big vinyl enthusiast here! Nothing like sitting with a pint/glass of whiskey and taking in every note and nuance that's lost on digital. Long live analog! One of my favorite albums to listen to is 'Live After Death' by Iron Maiden.

Administrator

England
    I've loved to, but no room to really put a turn table and vinyl etc...

We had some building work done last year, and as part of that I even got rid of virtually all my CDs...

Quote Originally Posted by JefferyPHale View Post
    Big vinyl enthusiast here! Nothing like sitting with a pint/glass of whiskey and taking in every note and nuance that's lost on digital. Long live analog! One of my favorite albums to listen to is 'Live After Death' by Iron Maiden.
    Some of the "remastering" that's now done for CD is appalling, especially on vocals. It turns them sort of into "plastic"...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Sorry. Not here. House is firmly in the smart home ecosystem so im fully digital. Music is all playlists which i find is a great way to discover new music.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA