Thread: Original HPOTD member back from the dead! (bub21)

Fresh Meat

Aaland

Original HPOTD member back from the dead! (bub21)

Hey everyone, just figured I would pop back on here and see what's up after all these years. I used to post on here as bub21 back in the early 2000's, from around '02 to about '05 or '06 roughly. I've been watching old Romero interviews on YouTube recently and have gone back and watched some of the more obscure Romero flicks I never saw. That brought me back to this website and I'm very happy to see that it's still a thing. I also used to post on the old Precious Nightmare forums as well. (Circling the Drain, anyone???)

I originally came to this website in late 2002 (I was about 13 at the time) because I had just seen Day of the Dead and became instantly obsessed with the trilogy. This was back when Dawn and Day were out of print, so I came here to check the buy/sell/trade forums for them. A very gracious member (Axlish) sent me a couple of dubbed VHS tapes of the Dawn and Day anchor bay DVD's. Seems silly but I definitely owe him a big debt of gratitude for that one!

I ended up going to the School of Visual Arts for film and had Roy Frumkes as one of my professors. I specifically picked his classes each year so I could hear his Romero stories. He ended up becoming a great friend and mentor and was my thesis advisor my senior year. For the last five years I've been doing a web series called The Slim Duffy Show on YouTube. It's surreal comedy, but we did a Halloween episode (Slim of the Dead) a few years ago that was inspired by the dead trilogy. The whole opening scene was a recreation of the opening scene in NOTLD. It was probably my favorite episode to do based on my Romero roots.

So that's my story. Anyone older members still around from those days?

Administrator

England
    Howdy stranger.... Always nice to see an old name again

There's another ongoing thread for old members if you want to look down that one - https://forum.homepageofthedead.com/...ad.php?t=22354

BTW, the old (Loom) forum, for which you stated (16yrs ago), "Sorry neil, but the new forum really sucks", is still there hidden away

eg:-

^ Tut tut Mr Tube_Disaster!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Always nice to see one of the old guard re-emerge from the mists of the internet!

England
    I've not been around for a while but remember everyone in this thread I was always more of a reader than a poster I think but had a couple of usernames on the old board, one was psrycho i think and i cannot remember the other.

A weird thing to remember but Neil I still remember that music you made and uploaded, absolutely perfect for a zombie movie. do you still have it uploaded anywhere?