Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dreaded Days of the Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    About the only thing that he brought from the original "Dawn" into his film is the mall. That's it. And that along with the zombies, my friend....are the least important aspects of Romero's classic.
    Oh ho... Is that so Bassman? Is it? That's it! I suggest Dawn of the Dead be remade without a mall OR zombies! Keep the social commentary and everything! No mall, no zombies, no world crisis. Only pure social commentary on consumerism!

Yes... I can see it now.

Just to stick in my two cents, its not day of the dead 2, as that already exists and trust me, that movie was, worse
    Yes... We *sigh* unfortunately know and have all experienced the pain of it.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Maitreya View Post
    Oh ho... Is that so Bassman? Is it? That's it! I suggest Dawn of the Dead be remade without a mall OR zombies! Keep the social commentary and everything! No mall, no zombies, no world crisis. Only pure social commentary on consumerism!

Yes... I can see it now.

You notice how I said "to me" in that post about two or three times.....my opinion. Although, I do know that I'm not alone with that thought.

You're right, the dead and the mall would be somewhat of an important thing if you're wanting to make a tribute/remake of Dawn of the Dead. But the thing that makes Romero's dead films stand out from all the countless imitations is that there is meaning behind them. More that just blood and guts.

Underlying social commentary, my friend.

This aspect seemed to be totally ignored by Gunn and Snyder. And to many people, myself included, this is one of the strongest points of Romero's films. This is also one of the reasons I don't like Dawn04. Aside from that, I think it's a poor excuse for a thriller/horror. Just a bunch of MTV generation BS.

Sometimes I wonder if Gunn and Snyder actually watched the original film at all.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

Underlying social commentary, my friend.

This aspect seemed to be totally ignored by Gunn and Snyder. And to many people, myself included, this is one of the strongest points of Romero's films. This is also one of the reasons I don't like Dawn04. Aside from that, I think it's a poor excuse for a thriller/horror. Just a bunch of MTV generation BS.

damn straight, i was half expecting that **** russel grant to turn up as a camp zombie with a sports car

Undisclosed
    Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing this remake of Day. I think what everyone has to remember when watchin ANY remake of ANY Romero movie is that it stands alone. In theory, none of the Romero movies are direct sequels either, they are just set in the same Universe. Hopefully Day will be worth watching. as for Contagium...I never saw it, what was it like?

"I dont know whats better getting laid or getting paid, I just
    know that when I get one the others getting away!"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing this remake of Day. I think what everyone has to remember when watchin ANY remake of ANY Romero movie is that it stands alone. In theory, none of the Romero movies are direct sequels either, they are just set in the same Universe. Hopefully Day will be worth watching. as for Contagium...I never saw it, what was it like?
    I've been here maybe 5 weeks and have yet to see anyone here admitting they like Contagium. I don't think it has its own post but people always make reference to how much it sucks when they stray slightly off-topic in various threads which you can find all over these forums.

Dead

Undisclosed

Contagium is an awful movie....

Contagium is an awful movie, I don't think anyone will really admit to liking it. Hell, I doubt anyone out there likes it. I picked up the DVD somewhere for a few bucks a few years ago, took it home, screamed at the tv, then stomped the DVD into pieces. Fans of GAR like myself are outraged that such a sh*tty and inferior product was put forward and has "Day of the Dead" on its label. Romero got screwed in the first place with his original script/budget so this is adding insult to injury.

I'd be shocked if anyone came forward on here and admitted (in all seriousness) that they liked Contagium. It is absolutely the worst movie I've ever seen, dead or non-dead themed. The guys who put it together should be taken out and beat like Rodney King.

Undisclosed
    I agree with Ace's fear that the feeling of dread and hopelessness will not be in the movie. Although the original Day could have been improved on, I think it did a good job of setting a hopeless, pointless existence type of mood throughout the whole movie.
    "You should only die once, not everyday"

- Wise 7/11 manager