Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWD 10x17 "Home Sweet Home" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 10x17 "Home Sweet Home" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Please keep all talk of episode 10x17 "Home Sweet Home" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

So begins the six additional episodes for Season 10 - 10c, if you will - (Season 11 has apparently started filming, also).

Directed by: David Boyd
    Written by: Kevin Deiboldt & Corey Reed

Administrator

England
    Wow... Ummm.... So if I recall, there's some zombies, and... ummm....

Seriously - I can't actually recall where we are now
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Wow... Ummm.... So if I recall, there's some zombies, and... ummm....

Seriously - I can't actually recall where we are now
    The previous episode (the one that was delayed 'cos of Covid, then finally aired several months later) was the climactic battle with The Whisperers, in which Beta was slain and the Whisperer horde were lead off a cliff and into oblivion.

Maggie made her return, meanwhile Eugene, Ezekiel, and Yumiko went to rendevous with the woman Eugene was talking to on the radio - only to find themselves surrounded by mysterious troopers in white armour at a train yard.

Ireland
    I've kinda given up on the show. Ever since Rick left, I just can't seem to give too much of a shite really. But the last thing I remember in this was some stormtropper cosplayers appearing.

Strangely enough, 'Fear the Walking Dead' has actually gone up in estimation.

LOL, swings and bloody roundabouts.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The previous episode (the one that was delayed 'cos of Covid, then finally aired several months later) was the climactic battle with The Whisperers, in which Beta was slain and the Whisperer horde were lead off a cliff and into oblivion.

Maggie made her return, meanwhile Eugene, Ezekiel, and Yumiko went to rendevous with the woman Eugene was talking to on the radio - only to find themselves surrounded by mysterious troopers in white armour at a train yard.
    Ahhhhhh yeh! Thanks!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Watched the episode earlier today...

It's generally a pretty quiet one - really about re-introducing Maggie and covering some of her backstory between when we last saw her in season 9 and now - but I dug it. Couple of new characters, too.

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Strangely enough, 'Fear the Walking Dead' has actually gone up in estimation.
    What have you been smoking and can I have some?

Ireland
    What have you been smoking and can I have some?
    No. It's all mine.

Seriously though, FTWD is (as we've discussed before) a wildly inconsistent show to say the least. At times it can be good, great even and at other incredibly bad. But I find that I am having a more entertaining time with it than TWD nowadays. There's some really stupid shit in there for sure, bit TBH, almost the entirety of S10 of TWD was stupid shit.

I suppose I am just getting close to being done with the Walking Dead universe probably. The writing on all the shows range from mediocre to wretched at the moment, with the nadir being that World Beyond thing which was just a flatline. But Lincoln's decision to jump ship has hurt TWD terribly and the level of WTF in FTWD can be astonishing sometimes. That whole molasses zombie thing was just mind boggling.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Oh! So the UK is a week behind the US as episodes go now?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Shoot - well the 11th is the final season, although it's basically two seasons worth spread over two years - SO TWO SEASONS - but they're counting them all as season 11. Where's the logic? AMC loves that 'split the final season across two years' thing (it was annoying, but worked, with Breaking Bad, and it was annoying and didn't work at all with Mad Men).

Anyway, wtf is going on with the TWD movie(s)? At the rate they're going they won't have it done before season 11 is finished. Clearly they'd be wanting to bring Rick back somewhere towards the end to wrap things up, likewise with Michonne, and tie everything together (including FearTWD and, ugh, World Beyond).

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Oh! So the UK is a week behind the US as episodes go now?
    No, they put it up early on their premium service, so obviously that went straight up onto the salty seas post haste. The actual air date is the 28th.

Administrator

England
    No, they put it up early on their premium service, so obviously that went straight up onto the salty seas post haste. The actual air date is the 28th.
    Ah! Thanks.
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    One of these season 10 additional episodes is Negan-centric, which should be interesting. Apparently, we will finally get to see the origin behind that whole "Lucille" bat thing.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    One of these season 10 additional episodes is Negan-centric, which should be interesting. Apparently, we will finally get to see the origin behind that whole "Lucille" bat thing.
    Yeah, it's the last episode called "Here's Negan!", which will likely be based upon the stand alone graphic novel that Kirkman put out, dealing with Negan's pre-apoc life and then the early days in the ZA and how he became that leather jacket wearing barbed wire bat swinging bastard.

Quite looking forward to that one. It's odd that they didn't do that episode in, say, season 8 (they did touch upon it in that episode where Negan and Gabriel are trapped in a trailer by the zombie siege at The Sanctuary, but only in a few lines of dialogue). On the other hand, with the reintroduction of Maggie - and the inherent issue of Negan still being alive. Not only that, but him being allowed out of his cell and actively helping out in the community.

Some folks whined about 10x17 being 'behind' in dealing with the Maggie/Negan stuff - it is true that the Saviour arc went on far too long in the show and the progression of time was too slow for too long inside the show itself (what was years for us was all inside Maggie's first trimester!) - however, you can't not explore that, stuff which was further delayed by Maggie sodding off for a season and a half. It's all meaty material, so it'd be wrong to not include it - critics are always looking for something to moan about. The show has had to roll with various punches, deal with it. I'm looking forward to seeing how they translate the Maggie/Negan stuff to screen.

Administrator

England
    Well, don't know if it was the episode itself, or Sky's broadcast of it, but I've never had to turn the sound up so high on my TV just to get a regular volume... Odd...
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Decent episode nothing great but I’m happy the show is back as it’s heading towards it’s endgame. Pretty cool season 11 is coming in the summer instead of waiting all the way into fall.

Honestly, aside from “Here’s Negan”, I’m not too excited about these bonus episodes cause Rosita ain’t in them.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Neil - I think the sound was kinda low when I watched it, too. Had to crank way up to 25 or 30 to get the same volume I'd normally have between 10 and 15!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Decent episode nothing great but I’m happy the show is back as it’s heading towards it’s endgame. Pretty cool season 11 is coming in the summer instead of waiting all the way into fall.

Honestly, aside from “Here’s Negan”, I’m not too excited about these bonus episodes cause Rosita ain’t in them.

You and your Rosita.