Thread: "I didn't mean to call you a meatloaf, Jack!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

"I didn't mean to call you a meatloaf, Jack!"

Last edited by Mike70; 01-Mar-2021 at 12:47 AM. Reason: s
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    to this day, still the most incredible lycanthrope transformation scene. there could probably be another hundred years worth of werewolf movies released and nothing would even come close.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    to this day, still the most incredible lycanthrope transformation scene. there could probably be another hundred years worth of werewolf movies released and nothing would even come close.
    I really, really love werewolves. BUT to be honest, there are few decent werewolf movies in the entire catalog of horror.
    Werewolf of London, The Wolfman (1940), Werewolf (1956 I think), Curse of the Werewolf (Great film werewolf or no)The Beast Must Die, The Howling, American Werewolf in London, Cursed, Late Phases, Howl, and Bad Moon. That's the creme of the crop for the most part.
    Last edited by Mike70; 09-Mar-2021 at 11:44 PM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    I really, really love werewolves. BUT to be honest, there are few decent werewolf movies in the entire catalog of horror.
    Werewolf of London, The Wolfman (1940), Werewolf (1956 I think), Curse of the Werewolf (Great film werewolf or no)The Beast Must Die, The Howling, American Werewolf in London, Cursed, Late Phases, Howl, and Bad Moon. That's the creme of the crop for the most part.
    I would add The Company of Wolves (1984) to that list. Certainly not the best werewolf movie ever, but probably the most unusual ever made. It has that whole "abstract" and "surreal" atmosphere that is unique among werewolf movies.

The most "classic" is the 1941 Lon Chaney Jr. film, and the most technically superior are The Howling and An American Werewolf in London, which were made during the Golden Age, the Pinnacle, the Summit, the Apex, the Zenith of the special effects, make-up and stunts industry: the 1970s & 80s, before the use and abuse of CGI majorly fucked up the craft and gave us all these "El Cheapo" artificial computer-game-like look of the majority of today's "special effects".
    Last edited by JDP; 11-Mar-2021 at 10:48 AM. Reason: ;

United States
    recently got an xbox series x with the 4k blu-ray drive and upgraded from an old dvd copy to the 4k version and wow, talk about a movie that still holds up well to this day. that transformation scene is even more amazing in ultra hi-def!