Thread: Invincible (Amazon Prime cartoon series)

Great Britain

Invincible (Amazon Prime cartoon series)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bfAVpuko5o]

First three episodes are on Prime now.

I'm a bit biased about this series as I love the Robert Kirkman comic series it's based on, all I can say in my opinion it's brilliant so far, it's got a fantastic voice cast and the animation style is straight out of the comics.

Super Moderator

UK
    I've just started on the first episode. Got interrupted by a delivery, but will finish episode one off tonight. What I've seen so far I have enjoyed.

Steven Yeun voices the main character and yeah, great vocal cast on this one.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I’m enjoying it so far! With the animation being so similar to the comic, it’s more like a motion version of the comic rather than a show. Good call on making it 2D animation.

Very impressive cast for a cartoon. Hopefully Kirkman can hold onto the wheel with this show longer than TWD.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm caught up on the episodes aired thus far now.

Yep, enjoying it so far. I'm not mad for it yet, but I do enjoy it, despite not being familiar with the comics.

Great Britain
    Full season watch and yep it was damn good, as far As I know it's been renewed for 2 more season.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Full season watch and yep it was damn good, as far As I know it's been renewed for 2 more season.
    ^^^
    Yeppers.

Eight episodes. Generally didn't feel too filler-y at any point, really, and generally quite enjoyable with a great cast of voices. It managed to cut through my growing malaise with superhero content (I've not found the interest to get started on Jupiter's Legacy yet, and might not bother TBH).

Administrator

England
    OK, to my surprise - not usually enjoying cartoons - I'm enjoying this more and more.

I wonder if a live action version could work?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    OK, to my surprise - not usually enjoying cartoons - I'm enjoying this more and more.

I wonder if a live action version could work?
    It’s already in the works, from Seth Rogan’s team behind Preacher.
    Last edited by bassman; 26-May-2021 at 10:19 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Oooo!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    OK! Finished the series... Roll on season 2 please...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I watched the Atom Eve special that came out a few weeks ago ... it was okay, I guess ... not that I can really remember anything about it, come to think of it...

I started watching the first episode of season two ... ... but I was completely lost at the start of this episode, and it also made me realise that I just didn't give much of a stuff about continuing with it. Superhero fatigue is more potent now than it was a couple of years ago. I wonder if Invincible has come along too late into the cycle? Or maybe it's just me losing interest in bothering with it? Or a bit of both?
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 10-Nov-2023 at 12:12 PM.