Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wellington Paranormal

Administrator

England
    OK, S03E03 - Fear Factory - Was very entertaining
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Great Britain
    Good news everyone the series has been renewed for season 4.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Good news everyone the series has been renewed for season 4.
    Fuckin' sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet !

Administrator

England
    Embarrassing admission...

Before I started watching this series, I only quickly flicked through this thread without reading it properly.

I misread a comment - as it was shot in NZ (near Australia) - and was expecting Kylie Monigue to appear in it...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Before I started watching this series, I only quickly flicked through this thread without reading it properly.

I misread a comment - as it was shot in NZ (near Australia) - and was expecting Kylie Monigue to appear in it...

I think I saw a fleeting gag where O'Leary's phone had Minogue's phone number listed under "Kylie" ... not sure if I didn't see it correctly or if that was indeed there, but it made me chuckle.

Rising

United States

It can also happen while you do the Loco-Motion.

Great Britain

The Guys from the show have done a series of Covid safety videos for the New Zealand Police force lol.

Think I have them all here in a list at the side of this video, just follow this link to YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP6l...wZealandPolice season one.

And https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAvJ...wZealandPolice Covid 2 the return lol.

Link to New Zealand police youtube site https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChH...4t-1Z6fEis67OA all videos in playlist.

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah, cool! Thanks for linking those. I'd read they'd done that on Wiki, and had been meaning to track them down, but it slipped my mind - nice to have a little extra dose of WP.

Great Britain
    Season 4 is now on sky comedy, I've watched all 6 episode and it's just fantastic, love this show.

9/10

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Season 4 is now on sky comedy, I've watched all 6 episode and it's just fantastic, love this show.

9/10
    Only done the first episode of the new season so far, but aye, I really dig this show. Got off to a slow start in the first six episodes, but season two really figured out what the show was.

If anyone's not seen it, definitely check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Dang, seems season 4 is the final season. Got half of it done so far. Enjoyed the second episode (kind of like The Wicker Man), but the third episode didn't really work for me.

The makers are developing a new project.

- - - Updated - - -

Finished up the season last night. Episodes 3 and 4 went off-the-boil for me, but 5 and 6 (and 1 and 2) were all solidly entertaining. Shame that's it for the show, though.

I'll be interested to see what the team comes up with next, though.

Great Britain
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Only done the first episode of the new season so far, but aye, I really dig this show. Got off to a slow start in the first six episodes, but season two really figured out what the show was.

If anyone's not seen it, definitely check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Dang, seems season 4 is the final season. Got half of it done so far. Enjoyed the second episode (kind of like The Wicker Man), but the third episode didn't really work for me.

The makers are developing a new project.

- - - Updated - - -

Finished up the season last night. Episodes 3 and 4 went off-the-boil for me, but 5 and 6 (and 1 and 2) were all solidly entertaining. Shame that's it for the show, though.

I'm gutted they will be no more loved this series, I hoped it would carry on for ages as its such an easy watch, but I will look forward to what they do next.

Administrator

England
    Auckland Paranormal
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    When they find the station is built on an ancient caucasian graveyard... LOL!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    When they find the station is built on an ancient caucasian graveyard... LOL!
    That was a mixed bag episode for me. I thought that was a funny subversion of the usual trope in horror with a lot of potential, but they didn't quite use it as well as they could have. It felt a bit under-explored. It wasn't bad by any means, but it didn't quite pop for me as much as I was hoping when the initial conceit of "ancient caucasian graveyard" appeared.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 19-Apr-2022 at 03:05 PM.

Administrator

England
    That was a mixed bag episode for me. I thought that was a funny subversion of the usual trope in horror with a lot of potential, but they didn't quite use it as well as they could have. It felt a bit under-explored. It wasn't bad by any means, but it didn't quite pop for me as much as I was hoping when the initial conceit of "ancient caucasian graveyard" appeared.
    Agreed... Generally really enjoying it...
    -Carl Sagan