Thread: Anyone else collect movie posters?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

Anyone else collect movie posters?

I mean the lobby stuff - either 24x36 or 27x40. I have a bunch of these. Right now I have 5 24x36s up and one 27x40. The 24x36 crowd: Logan's Run, The Empire Strikes Back (one of the best movie posters ever!) Count Yorga, Vampire, The Mummy (1932), Bride of Frankenstein. The 27x40 is The Return of Count Yorga and it's frickin' awesome as June sunshine! I have about 25 others stored away. I rotate them around a bit.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Jealous!
    1) For you having them...
    2) For you having somewhere I assume to actually put them up?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    If you're ever in Turin, check this place out;

http://www.cinefolies.com/

I came upon it almost by chance while there. They have an absurd collection. I bought an enormous poster of "Seven Blood-Stained orchids" which I've yet to hang up because it's literally bigger than any place I've ever lived in.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Jealous!
    1) For you having them...
    2) For you having somewhere I assume to actually put them up?
    Yes. I have them framed. My wife and I have a decent sized house. She is rather tolerant of my decorating ideas. Not every chick would dig a giant "The Return of Count Yorga" poster even if it is in my home office. 5 or 6 is about the limit even in a good size abode. I'm not trying to start a museum.

Decent posters can be relatively affordable. I've paid about $25 or so on average for a good quality, durable poster. It's the frames, man. We should all quit our jobs, throw in our money and start selling frames. WOW.
    Last edited by Mike70; 19-Apr-2021 at 01:00 AM. Reason: w

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    It's the frames, man. We should all quit our jobs, throw in our money and start selling frames. WOW.
    Lol!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    IMG_20210419_204705.jpg IMG_20210419_204546.jpgIMG_20210419_204631.jpg Keep in mind that I'm certainly no photographer, my house is kinda dark (very to some folks, but anyhoo) here are a couple of them. Perhaps the fact that I've had a drink or 5 has impacted my photography skills.

One bright spring day here soon, I'll get good shots of them all.
    Last edited by Mike70; 20-Apr-2021 at 12:58 AM. Reason: h