Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for more zombie films that are recent

Being Attacked

United States

Looking for more zombie films that are recent

After watching "Night eats the world" I felt like I have gotten worse at finding zombie films that are this good.

So, I guess I'll just ask you guys for suggestions instead. I'm gonna make it into a list.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Alive (Korean film)
    Alone (US 'remake' of Alive)
    Little Monsters
    Zoo (British film)
    Anna and the Apocalypse (British film)
    The Cured

Being Attacked

United States
    I should make a list of what I've seen already.

World War Z
    The entire George Romero anthology
    Dawn of the Dead ('04)
    Alive
    Night Eats the world
    Little Monsters
    Land of the Dead
    La Horde
    Train to Busan
    Kingdom (korean drama series)
    Contracted (1 and 2)
    The entire REC series
    Berlin Undead
    Night of the living dead
    Day of the dead (both original remake and Bloodline)
    Diary of the dead
    Hidden
    Extinction
    TWD & FTWD
    Fido
    The Rezort
    Cargo
    Wyrmwood

man I'm pretty sure I've seen more than this but I'm forgetting names of lesser known Zombie films i've seen in the last 11 years of my indie film exploration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    Alive (Korean film)
    Alone (US 'remake' of Alive)
    Little Monsters
    Zoo (British film)
    Anna and the Apocalypse (British film)
    The Cured

Thank you for reminding me that Alone is now released and on Amazon Prime, which I have.
    I also havent seen Zoo, The Cured, nor have I seen Anna and the Apocalypse.
    Last edited by Daoyinyang; 26-Apr-2021 at 10:48 AM. Reason: typo

United States
    One Cut of the Dead.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Daoyinyang View Post
    I should make a list of what I've seen already.

World War Z
    The entire George Romero anthology
    Dawn of the Dead ('04)
    Alive
    Night Eats the world
    Little Monsters
    Land of the Dead
    La Horde
    Train to Busan
    Kingdom (korean drama series)
    Contracted (1 and 2)
    The entire REC series
    Berlin Undead
    Night of the living dead
    Day of the dead (both original remake and Bloodline)
    Diary of the dead
    Hidden
    Extinction
    TWD & FTWD
    Fido
    The Rezort
    Cargo
    Wyrmwood

man I'm pretty sure I've seen more than this but I'm forgetting names of lesser known Zombie films i've seen in the last 11 years of my indie film exploration.

- - - Updated - - -
    Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (a.k.a. The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue), 1974. Spanish-Italian flick, one of the best non-Romero pre-Dawn 70s zombie movies.

The "Blind Dead" series (more early 70s Spanish zombies inspired by Night of the Living Dead, but with a "vampiric" twist, and largely responsible for spreading the popularity of the more complex "rotted/mummified/skeletal zombie" look than Romero's plain-looking "fresh cadaver" zombies from Night)

Zombie, 1979. Italian zombie flick absurdly and contradictorily promoted (by the producers, not by the people who actually wrote the script, who I am sure didn't have the slightest idea about how their product was going to be manipulated) as a "sequel" to Dawn, even though it has ZERO to do with it, and in fact if anything it could only be rationally promoted as a "prequel". One of the few non-Romero zombie movies that Romero himself enjoyed.

Hell of the Living Dead (a.k.a. Night of the Zombies), 1980. Incredibly inept (it will make you wonder if the human characters are really smarter than the zombies, or if director Bruno Mattei was very, very, very, VERY high on some kind of narcotic while making it) but hilariously entertaining Spanish-Italian zombie schlock, 100% "inspired" by (most people actually say "ripped off from") Night and Dawn.

Burial Ground: The Nights of Terror, 1981. Another hilariously entertaining inept Italian zombie schlock, this time also plagiarizing 1979's Zombie. This one won't make you wonder if the zombies are actually smarter than the dumb-as-bricks human characters: they plainly are (they even know how to set bear-traps to catch the retarded human prey!)

Administrator

England
    "Anna and the Apocalypse" looks bizarre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfWIfwKJ7vA
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    "Anna and the Apocalypse" looks bizarre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfWIfwKJ7vA
    I tried it, but I just got fucked off with all the bloody 'talk-singing' stuff. That sorta thing has always bugged the crap out of me, so I just had to bail on that flick.

Administrator

England
    Colin
    The Battery
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Colin
    The Battery
    Yup, both worth checking out. Low budget indie flicks - especially Colin - which had a budget of £45.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    ...which had a budget of £45.
    LOL! Mind you that buys a lot of ketchup!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    LOL! Mind you that buys a lot of ketchup!
    Obviously everyone working on it was doing it for free and no location fees etc, but a small crew (a lot of it done with just one or two people, I think) and keeping it contained in normal domestic surroundings for the most part helped do it, and the £45 made for a good advertising hook.

Despite it's extremely low budget, it was actually a decent little zombie flick. Worth seeing.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Obviously everyone working on it was doing it for free and no location fees etc, but a small crew (a lot of it done with just one or two people, I think) and keeping it contained in normal domestic surroundings for the most part helped do it, and the £45 made for a good advertising hook.

Despite it's extremely low budget, it was actually a decent little zombie flick. Worth seeing.
    Now I HAVE to see this!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    One Cut of the Dead.
    This
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Not super recent, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned "The Dead" and "The Dead 2: India".

I thought they were both pretty good, even though the second was a bit of a retread of the first. A little light on plot, but surprisingly well done Romero-esque zombies and beautifully filmed scenery, too.
    Last edited by beat_truck; 30-Apr-2021 at 05:40 AM. Reason: .

Being Attacked

United States
    These are all awesome entries. I'm going to put them into a list so I can check it off as I watch each of these films on my days off. I've only recently heard about "The Dead" and I heard some good things about it. I used to follow a dude named Cauwel3 who did indie horror reviews but he's retired a few years ago and so finding zombie indie horror films have been hard for me as of late.

You guys have been my only source as of late. I appreciate you all so much btw

Also I just finished Alone. It's a little bit better than Alive in some ways but also about as nonsensical as the original in most scenes.
    Last edited by Daoyinyang; 30-Apr-2021 at 08:59 AM. Reason: added more to the comment.