Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Summer season 2 out now on Netflix

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    If I had a favorite, it was definitely Mance.
    The opening chase in the first episode seemed to have a similar amount of effort thrown into it too.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Great Britain
    TBH this second season of Black Summer was for me way better than some of The Walking Dead has been in the past.

Great Zombie series, this and Kingdom on Netflix give me some hope for the Zombie genre in the future.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    TBH this second season of Black Summer was for me way better than some of The Walking Dead has been in the past.

Great Zombie series, this and Kingdom on Netflix give me some hope for the Zombie genre in the future.
    I think - as already pointed out - if some of the characters had just been a bit more likeable, that could of helped. But yes, a solid series.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    I've just binge watched both series over the last week. I watched the first episode over a year ago but for some reason never watched the rest until now. I enjoyed it on the whole but there was barely a single likeable character in there. Spears had potential, I was a bit disappointed that he didn't make it, but the rest were just selfish gits and other than "get to the stadium" followed by "get to the airstrip", none of them had any kind of coherent plan behind what they were doing, including the various gangs roaming around just looking to murder each other without any real reasoning behind why they were being so trigger happy rather than helping each other out.
    Speaking of trigger happy, why do they always have to fire on full auto in these things? I've been in the British army a number of years now and we're always taught that it's aimed single shots to conserve ammo, not emptying all your mags in seconds! I know it would be hard to hit one of these rabid athletic zombies when it's running at you in a frenzy like they do in this series, but there did seem to be a lot of Hollywood mags being fired.

Administrator

England
    Yeh, if they could just add some more engaging/likeable characters, that would be great.
    -Carl Sagan