Thread: Demons Souls remake

England

Demons Souls remake

Has anyone else played this on the PS5 or the original from years ago? It must be one of the hardest games I've ever played! It looks gorgeous on the PS5 and despite the crazy difficulty I haven't lost my temper with it as yet as it seems so rewarding when you do finally make a little more progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syl1QRue2QE

Administrator

England
    Almost getting to film quality isn't it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Almost getting to film quality isn't it!
    Very much so, makes you wonder what the likes of Ray Harryhausen would have thought of technology like this after how painstakingly slow it must have been creating his stop motion creatures for films.

The latest Ratchet & Clank game came with my PS5 as part of the bundle and whilst it is very much a kids game, the visuals are also absolutely stunning. I can remember when I got the first Tomb Raider game way back in 1997 and having a discussion with my mate while playing it about how amazing it would be if the in game graphics were more like the CGI story sequences between the levels, and now gameplay graphics in modern games far surpass the quality of those CGI sequences. Kids these days don't realise how good they have it with gaming!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Very much so, makes you wonder what the likes of Ray Harryhausen would have thought of technology like this after how painstakingly slow it must have been creating his stop motion creatures for films.

The latest Ratchet & Clank game came with my PS5 as part of the bundle and whilst it is very much a kids game, the visuals are also absolutely stunning. I can remember when I got the first Tomb Raider game way back in 1997 and having a discussion with my mate while playing it about how amazing it would be if the in game graphics were more like the CGI story sequences between the levels, and now gameplay graphics in modern games far surpass the quality of those CGI sequences. Kids these days don't realise how good they have it with gaming!
    Imagine in 5yrs when these visuals are in VR... Mumma!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Imagine in 5yrs when these visuals are in VR... Mumma!
    Have you played Half Life Alyx in VR? They aren't far off in that to be honest, it's just a shame there hasn't been more AAA titles in VR, the majority are still indie games which are fun but always a bit rough looking.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Have you played Half Life Alyx in VR? They aren't far off in that to be honest, it's just a shame there hasn't been more AAA titles in VR, the majority are still indie games which are fun but always a bit rough looking.
    Not yet... Just waiting for the price to drop right down.
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Not yet... Just waiting for the price to drop right down.
    It's very realistic looking and the physics in it are great, plus it's an excellent game in itself. Everyone else making VR games should take note of how optimised and amazing the graphics are and aim to hit the same bar rather than the majority of them still looking like games from 2006.