Thread: TWD Season 11 trailer...

Super Moderator

UK

TWD Season 11 trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwOWJ8pPgk8

Season 11 - Part One (of Three) - begins airing August 22nd. The second two parts will air during 2022.

Administrator

England
    OK! Fingers crossed for this. Because generally I've been feeling rather myeh about the series. So I'm hoping they can give it a bit of a kick up the butt now...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    It looks really good. I’m confident the producers will go all out for the last season. This trailer definitely has a horror movie vibe.

Now, how they actually end the series will have me a bit worried. Hopefully they make it their own.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    It looks really good. I’m confident the producers will go all out for the last season. This trailer definitely has a horror movie vibe.

Now, how they actually end the series will have me a bit worried. Hopefully they make it their own.
    I think they're gonna have to seeing as how Season 8 included a major difference to the comics, and Season 9 saw another major difference happen as well.

They're making it clear that, yes, they're back to the normal scale as before (after those six small additional episodes, which were patchy and uneven - couple of truly good ones in there, particularly the Negan episode, but they were far too small and limited with not enough happening - - - but no doubt provided a perfect testing ground for Covid-era television production that could then be deployed on the final season).

I'm hoping that with this being the finale season then every episode should/will count. Sand is running out of the timer, so you can't really go wasting time on filler. You've basically got to cover the entire Commonwealth arc in 24 episodes.

Season 9 was excellent. Season 10 was a bit patchy in places, but still solid overall (save for those additional six episodes that weren't originally intended). Fingers crossed that Season 11 sends it off on a good note.