Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's here... The trailer for SYFYs Day of the Dead...

Just been bitten

Scotland

It's here... The trailer for SYFYs Day of the Dead...

Oh dear

Super Moderator

UK
    An absolute classic of the genre - ABUSED once again.

What a boatload of bullshit that looks like. Jesus! And the cringey 'funny' dialogue? Piss off.

"An Ode to George A. Romero"? Arrogant, fool-headed, hacky morons.

Just been bitten

Scotland
    I can't get my head around the fact that whoever produces these attempts at re-telling the original story just don't make the original script. That could easily be fleshed out for a 10 episode TV series that very well might become a classic. No-one seems interested though. All they want to do is gain the notoriety as being the next production company to create something worse than the last effort.

This might turn out to be fun for some kids that know nothing of the Romero works, but as a massive fan of Day I am again left to wonder if I will ever see the original script on film. With each passing attempt it is less and less likely. I have more chance of winning 3 lotteries.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMoonMonkey View Post
    Oh dear

Oh f***ing dear indeed! What the flying f** has this got to do with Romero's Day Of The Dead?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    UGH..... what total GARBAGE. Truly insulting to Romero's classic. These people just don't "get it". I wouldn't expect any less from the shitty See Fee channel, though.
    Last edited by beat_truck; 26-Jul-2021 at 06:19 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Haha!

I'm gonna be the contrarian here and say that I'll at least give it a shot.

Mind you, I say the same thing about most stuff these days and most of them turn out to suck.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Oh f***ing dear indeed! What the flying f** has this got to do with Romero's Day Of The Dead?
    Nuff said
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Despite all these remakes of Day of the Dead, I wonder if the original script isn't included in that ownership?

Still, though, it would make more sense to try and do that original script - or a version of it - rather than whatever this shit is.

United States
    Trash
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 28-Jul-2021 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Trash
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Looking back on all the attempted "remakes" of Day, only one thing comes to mind.... That scene from the movie "Airplane!" where all the passengers are lining up to beatdown another passenger who is panicking. Except I'm picturing the original "Day" film as the panicking passenger and al these "Day" remake directors/producers as the other passengers who are lining up to beat the living s*** out of it.

Sad.

Rising

United States
    https://www.tor.com/2021/07/26/syfy-...eries-trailer/

"Day of the Dead was announced last year, but there was little news about it until now. It’s set in the first twenty-four hours of a zombie apocalypse, as a group of strangers come together to try to survive."

How difficult is it to understand that for any alleged "remake" of Day of the Dead to begin to even to be considered "legit", most of the story should take place among survivors in a zombie-besieged bunker right smack in the middle of an already raging zombie apocalypse that has devastated the land above, most definitely not its beginning? Can't they even get that part right?? Why do these kinds of projects most often end up in the hands of people who just don't get it???

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    https://www.tor.com/2021/07/26/syfy-...eries-trailer/

"Day of the Dead was announced last year, but there was little news about it until now. It’s set in the first twenty-four hours of a zombie apocalypse, as a group of strangers come together to try to survive."

How difficult is it to understand that for any alleged "remake" of Day of the Dead to begin to even to be considered "legit", most of the story should take place among survivors in a zombie-besieged bunker right smack in the middle of an already raging zombie apocalypse that has devastated the land above, most definitely not its beginning? Can't they even get that part right?? Why do these kinds of projects most often end up in the hands of people who just don't get it???
    I know, right?!

They might as well call it Night of the Living Dead, carrying on like that.

All these grotesque perversions that have been shitting out of the two-cell brains of filmmaking idiots have continually bolloxed that up. Day is bleak. They're trapped. Surrounded. They're on the brink. Can they think of a new approach or will they perish? Can warring factions work together for their whole good? Surely that'd be quite apt for today's climate and yet they still don't seize upon it!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 29-Jul-2021 at 01:05 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I’m kind of shocked you guys are offended by this. Name brand recognition with zero comparison to the original, that’s the fate of the Day of the Dead name. This is like the third or fourth time at this point, so I expected more of the same.

It’s kind of funny that this continues to happen with the name of what is arguably the best zombie film ever produced. I guess you can only go down from Romero’s film, so I just expected it.

United States
    was it these forums where we used to define this sort of thing as "name-rape"?

jesus, mary, and joseph....it's insulting to even attempt to "honor" the late mr. romero's name and legacy with this crapfest.

- - - Updated - - -

Being Attacked

United States
    This looks like a teen romance flick like Vampire Diaries but with Zombies and riding the coat tails of Romero's legacy to try and get the older generations to watch this shit in case the kids don't like it.