Thread: TWD 11x02 "Acheron: Part II" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 11x02 "Acheron: Part II" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Please keep all talk of episode 11x02 "Acheron: Part II" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Kevin Dowling
    Written by: Angela Kang & Jim Barnes

Let's pick up from that cliffhanger ... or trainhanger? ... shall we?

Administrator

England
    OK! Another pretty solid episode. Although...

I didn't realise how strong subway train windows were as regards explosives
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, another good episode that I really enjoyed.

Plenty of stuff going on, cool walker moments, good action, nice character stuff to dig into - particularly with Maggie and Negan.

Indeed, seeing this darker side of Maggie is quite intriguing. That whole speech she gave about that house reminded me of the 'wives' in Bone Tomahawk (that properly shat me up for days after), and how she dealt with that young guy, too!

Loved the action stuff on the subway trains - that dolly shot of Daryl gunning his way through the subway train was awesome, and the grenade moment was great as well.

United States
    This episode was dope. Felt really different in tone. I don’t think Gabriel is making it back to Rosita.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    This episode was dope. Felt really different in tone. I don’t think Gabriel is making it back to Rosita.
    The moment with him firing off the shotgun, then dipping back for a volley of arrows, then dipping back in with an AK was awesome. I like moments like that because it shows discipline and training - that they're true survivors in the ZA - not some bumbling numpties. Anyone alive in the ZA, who hasn't been behind a secure wall (e.g. the Commonwealth), should be a skilled survivor by now.

Good to see. Remember what Gabriel used to be like when he was introduced in season 5? Huge growth for that character!

United States
    I finally got caught back up. Gonna see this show off into the sunset. I sure hope Rick and Michonne return as its closed and survive. Hope everyone here is doing well. I saw DJ and babomb drop back in.

Super Moderator

UK
    Nice to have you back, facestabber.

How many episodes/seasons did you have to catch up on?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Nice to have you back, facestabber.

How many episodes/seasons did you have to catch up on?
    Most of season 10. I think there are a few from season 9. it’s still a hollow watch for me due to Rick not being around. there is some quality material but i was completely invested in Ricks story.

What is shocking is that the writers were able to make me empathize with Negan. 07-01 is still difficult to watch. And not for gore reasons. The pain and suffering of our group was and still is visceral.