Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Matrix Resurrections...

Super Moderator

UK

The Matrix Resurrections...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ix7TUGVYIo

Please be good ... please be good ... please be good...

Administrator

England
    90% chance it will be up its self, over thought, woo woo....

But I'll cling onto that 10% chance. Please be good... please be good... please be good...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    The trailer promises some interesting ideas, but I do wonder if it'll end up being too much retreading of the first movie's path - in which case, why bother?

Still, the trailer looked good ... mind you, I'm keeping my expectations a bit low on this one. It's been so many years and belated sequels are a really hard thing to nail.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm not sure.
    Like, the first part of the film - about The Matrix being a dream..? I don't want that.
    And everything after that.. What's that about? Cause I've seen better action scenes in the previous Matrix films. Which makes me wonder.. What's new in this?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I'm not sure.
    Like, the first part of the film - about The Matrix being a dream..? I don't want that.
    And everything after that.. What's that about? Cause I've seen better action scenes in the previous Matrix films. Which makes me wonder.. What's new in this?
    That's my concern, lots of contrived stuff about Neo second guessing his own state of mind, and bumping into people he's not sure if he knows or not, etc etc...

Hmmm... Guess we'll see...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    So, Trinity is infact "The One"? And Neo was just "mansplaining" for three films?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So, Trinity is infact "The One"? And Neo was just "mansplaining" for three films?
    Huh???

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Huh???
    I fear we're going to get a dose of modern political correctness included...
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    I fear we're going to get a dose of modern political correctness included...
    The Woketrix?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    The Woketrix?
    Let's hope not, but in this era, I fear the temptation to put in 'messages' and certain 'lessons' may prove to much for Lana. ie: I suspect there may be desire to 'educate' the (ignorance) audience about things...

Fingers crossed I'm just imaging problems that don't exist, and we get Matrix 4 which is at least better than no.2!
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I enjoyed 2 and 3, so whichever and I'm game. Mind you, I was just the right age. In 1999 I was 12. In 2003 I was 16.

But the trailer doesn't really sell me on it.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 12-Sep-2021 at 08:30 AM. Reason: fdsfds

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I enjoyed 2 and 3, so whichever and I'm game. Mind you, I was just the right age. In 1999 I was 12. In 2003 I was 16.

But the trailer doesn't really sell me on it.
    Aye, I also enjoyed 2 and 3.

Sure, they're certainly not perfect, take themselves too seriously, and miss that certain something that made the original film sooo special, but I feel 2 and 3 get ripped on way too much, it was 'cool to hate' on them and then it just became a lazy cliche. Like I said, they're certainly not without flaws or moments of eye-rolly cheesiness, but there's a lot of awesome stuff in there. The highway sequence in #2 alone is superb - anytime I happen upon it on TV I always check that bit out. The CGI in the burly brawl might be ropey, especially now, but the sequence is still awesome. #3 has that cool lobby shoot out with some folk on the ceiling and the climax was pretty darn spectacular between the rain-sodden city fight and the battle for Zion.

I saw them all at the cinema - the original blew my mind in '99. One of those unforgettable cinema experiences. Went to see it with my Dad at a small local cinema. I remember getting so hyped up for the film watching clips on TV, and it certainly didn't disappoint. I watched it so many times on VHS, too.

So yeah - I dearly hope Matrix 4 turns out good and, yes, I'd also hope that it's not crammed full of 'messages' and pandering and what not. You just never know these days as too many studios or filmmakers just can't help themselves from some hamfisted, thumbed-in dry 'audience education'. There's always been messages in things beforehand, but it was handled so much better and, crucially, there wasn't Social Media or the sheer volume of Twitter blabber or 'cancel culture' attitudes. Back when "discussion" was actually possible. Anyway ... hopefully it doesn't get sucked into that crap and they just focus on making a good feckin' movie, you know. That's kinda the point!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Looks pretty good. Out of Lana’s recent work, hopefully it’s more like Sense8, which I loved, and less like Jupiter Ascending.

Administrator

England
    Didn't Neo die in no3? So I guess the title of this one will have to be the case?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe... MAYBE... As a protection (think firewall), the Matrix was simply a vitual existance, rendered within ANOTHER MAXTRIX

So when Neo thought it was out of the Matrix, in his real body, he was actually then in the real Matrix, which he'd then need to actually escape from. Wooooooah!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Didn't Neo die in no3? So I guess the title of this one will have to be the case?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe... MAYBE... As a protection (think firewall), the Matrix was simply a vitual existance, rendered within ANOTHER MAXTRIX

So when Neo thought it was out of the Matrix, in his real body, he was actually then in the real Matrix, which he'd then need to actually escape from. Wooooooah!
    Matrix-ception!

IIRC Neo died but was kind of subsumed into the Matrix, which was allowed to continue at the end of #3, but it had to give the option for people to opt out, essentially, right? Sounds kinda lame saying it like that, like the Matrix were forced to add a Cookies warning to the world ... ... hey, but maybe the film is about how the Matrix played tricky buggers by making the opt-out option a real pain in the ass to get around, so people just said 'fuck it' and clicked to remain inside the Matrix.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 13-Sep-2021 at 04:21 PM.