Thread: TWD 11x05 "Out of the Ashes" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 11x05 "Out of the Ashes" episode discussion... **SPOILERS**

Please keep all talk of episode 11x05 "Out of the Ashes" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Greg Nicotero
    Written by: LaToya Morgan

United States
    Now THIS is the kinda of episodes we should be having during the series final season! Loved everything about this. So much went into this episode I really don’t know where to start. However, I will say this, they FINALLY gave Rosita a moment. Rosita’s little interaction with Judith did more for her character than anything they had her do since season 4. Incredible it took this long.

Aaron and Gabriel are really going into interesting territory. I actually fear for these guys! The opening scene was brilliant.

Great stuff all around.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    One of the things I really dug was bringing back a few stragglers from The Whisperers - it's only been quite recently that the Whisperer War was conducted, so it'd stand to reason you'd have a few people just cut loose in the wind and they know nothing else than what they've been living. It led to some interesting stuff with Aaron - a darker side to him coming out - much like we've seen in recent episodes with Maggie as well. Things are really cracking into pieces - thrown into stark contrast by the seemingly fine and dandy Commonwealth where every butt has a stick inserted up it.

Ooh, I really wanna see those bully boys get their guts torn out for picking on Judith ... perhaps that's not quite the equivalent punishment, but fuck those bullies!

Super Moderator

UK
    Also - JDM's son played the child walker stuck in the fence hole.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/jeffrey-de...200550333.html

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUBDR6NFBVh/

United States
    I’ll have to rewatch because I don’t remember a kid Walker lol
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I’ll have to rewatch because I don’t remember a kid Walker lol
    It's the one hanging half-way through the hole in the fence - the bully kids are playing with it, teasing their meaty hands at the zombie kid's chompers before Judith warns them away.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    It's the one hanging half-way through the hole in the fence - the bully kids are playing with it, teasing their meaty hands at the zombie kid's chompers before Judith warns them away.
    Oh yeah! I guess I didn’t think it was a kid at the time. Also, been ahead a week is really starting to get confusing lol.